• Yes (24.52%)
  • No (43.46%)
  • Dont know (10.87%)
  • Not Applicable to me (21.15%)
#3,676

dvpower said:
I was asking about the specific claim that the government intends to increase this tax to bring in 1.6bn by 2014.

Can you point to evidence of that specific intention either on this thread or elsewhere?

Slick50 said:
It's in the MOU.



Slick50 said:
No I did not say the troika were specifying the actual tax, they are dictating what extra tax has to be raised, that is 1.6 bn in 2013.


OK. Perhaps English isn't your first language.

Slick50 Registered User
#3,677

dxhound2005 said:
Anyone interested can let the Government know their ideas about the property tax. One thing which has been decided already is that the NPPR will be abolished so anyone with more than one house will not have to pay any extra over and above the property tax on each of their properties.

http://www.environ.ie/en/LocalGovernment/LocalGovernmentAdministration/LocalGovernmentFinance/Inter-DepartmentalGrouponPropertyTax/


"The Group is also to consider the appropriate arrangements for:
• a robust audit function; and
strong enforcement and penalty provisions for non-compliance."

They'd never consider a "lein" I'm sure.
dvpower
OK. Perhaps English isn't your first language.


You were having your own problems with it not too long ago! A short memory too?

I see you chose to ignore this too...
Slick50
You didn't mention the ninth review.

"7. Actions for the ninth review (actions to be completed by end Q4-2012)"
specifically states an increase in property tax.

#3,678

I've been thinking about this tax a lot lately and

Spoiler (Show)

4 people have thanked this post
tayto lover Registered User
#3,679

Geuze said:
"Are you going to pay the Household Charge?"

This suggests you have a choice, but you don't.

Taxes are not optional.


You can't choose to not pay VAT.

You can't choose to not pay income tax.


I can choose not to pay somebody else's though.
Not paying someone else's gambling debts.

1 person has thanked this post
#3,680

Slick50 said:

You were having your own problems with it not too long ago! A short memory too?

I'm not sure what you're referring to - maybe because of my short term memory problems.

Slick50 said:

I see you chose to ignore this too...

Have a read up the page - I posted the details of the Q4 Review, and I've acknowledged the fact that the tax is going to rise, as specified in the Q4 Review, a couple of times in the last few pages.
My copy of the MOU has the Q4-2012 review as the Eight, not the Ninth review, so this might have thrown you.

Perhaps before you respond to a post, you might read the contents over a couple of times and we might avoid this kind of basic misunderstanding.

Slick50 Registered User
#3,681

dvpower said:
I'm not sure what you're referring to - maybe because of my short term memory problems.


Let me refresh your memory for you...

Slick50

dvpower

The property tax is in the MOU. This was in place before the election so it isn't something that was cobbled together.


I think you are deliberately miss-understanding me. I said the coalition is something that is cobbled together, not the MOU.



dvpower said:
Perhaps before you respond to a post, you might read the contents over a couple of times and we might avoid this kind of basic misunderstanding.


I'll do that. And if you take your own advice, you can avoid the same basic mistake.(pot meet kettle, ring any bells))

#3,682

Interesting comments from Leo V. on The Week in Politics when asked to comment on only 10% having paid the €100 Tax. "It doesn't have to be paid by end of month...as long as its paid by end of tax year we will actually make more money on late fees".

#3,683

Just back from the pub.
There was some guy down there crying he had lost E500 on the rugby today. Wanted us to have a whip-round to make up his loss. 39.49% of us told him to fcuk off...........

1 person has thanked this post
goz83 Registered User
#3,684

Bullseye1 said:
Interesting comments from Leo V. on The Week in Politics when asked to comment on only 10% having paid the €100 Tax. "It doesn't have to be paid by end of month...as long as its paid by end of tax year we will actually make more money on late fees".


That eijet is going to get himself into a lot of trouble. See how smug he was about it? I bet he will back track on that, just like he back tracked on "not a single RED cent". Wonderful how we can record these things and they still don't admit their mistakes.

zerks Registered User
#3,685

Got my leaflet today.....Yipee! It's now in the bin.The postman didn't deliver it,they are paying a leaflet distribution company to have them delivered,will some of the €100 tax cover that?

Anyhow,they can send me a million leaflets,I'm still not paying.

D_murph Registered User
#3,686

zerks said:
Got my leaflet today.....Yipee! It's now in the bin.The postman didn't deliver it,they are paying a leaflet distribution company to have them delivered,will some of the €100 tax cover that?

Anyhow,they can send me a million leaflets,I'm still not paying.


I sent mine back to Phil Hogan when it came. Get it out of the bin (if its not too late) and do the same.

The address is Minister Phil Hogan, Grovine, Co. Kilkenny . Just make sure to deface it enough so that it cant be used again .

1 person has thanked this post
Teyla Emmagan Registered User
#3,687

I've paid. Before they start applying all the late fees and you end up having to pay those as well as the frickin 100 euro.

#3,688

D_murph said:
I sent mine back to Phil Hogan when it came. Get it out of the bin (if its not too late) and do the same.

The address is Minister Phil Hogan, Grovine, Co. Kilkenny . Just make sure to deface it enough so that it cant be used again .


So you're advocating sending defaced documents to Phil Hogan's private home address?

Why is that you want to target his home address rather than his Department address or constituency office? Intimidation?

#3,689

So little money, so many posts. This thread depresses me. There are so many joyless people in this country. Was it always this way?

zerks Registered User
#3,690

Teyla Emmagan said:
I've paid. Before they start applying all the late fees and you end up having to pay those as well as the frickin 100 euro.


You must scare easily,you're the type of person this shower in government love.Wait 'til next year when they want 3 or 4 times the amount you just payed.

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!