robd Registered User

This is coming up a lot now so think we need a separate thread.
If people could post places where they successfully bought or topped up a leapcard. Not all agents are up to speed on the system yet so some just refuse to deal with sale.

Please don't debate the leapcard or post issues here. There's a separate thread for that.
A sticky would be nice.

http://forum.railusers.ie confirmed these as working last week

railusers.ie

Station House, Dundrum Luas Stop
Reynolds, Abbey St
Stanleys, Abbey St
Students Union Shop, Trinity College
Easons, Heuston Station

Centra, Ranelagh
Centra, Marine Rd Dun Laoghaire

Mace, South Circular Rd Rear of James Hospital

Londis, St Stephen's Green
Londis, 2-3 College Green
Londis, Westmoreland Street

Spar, Fairview. SilverLiningOK reported refusal.
Spar, Swords
Spar, Tallaght Cross

1 person has thanked this post
SilverLiningOK Registered User

Spar at Philipsburgh Avenue in Marino don't have them yet.

BenShermin Registered User

Londis on Ballyfermot Road have them for sale.

Centra on Ballyfermot Road successfully processed a top up for me this afternoon.

In both cases staff said I was the first customer.

holidaysong Registered User

Spar, Lower Grafton Street.

SilverLiningOK Registered User

Spar, Fairview from above list refused to sell me one, saying they didn't know how to top it up.

Got one from C & T Supermaket, Philipsburgh Ave, Marino - who were completely up to speed.

robd Registered User

SilverLiningOK said:
Spar, Fairview from above list refused to sell me one, saying they didn't know how to top it up.

Cheers. Struck them out.

blubloblu Registered User

Maguires, bottom of Grafton Street.

littlejp Registered User

I got one in Fresh on Wexford/Camden St.
They weren't fully sure how it worked. Took a few minutes but they figured it out.

Moyet Registered User

I tried in Londis on New street yesterday and they couldn't figure out how to work it the machine so i left empty handed.

sgt.bilko Registered User

Saw someone getting one earlier today in Jeffs londis in Palmerstown.

Judging by earlier comments about agents unsure about procedure, the fella in this shop seemed to know what to do.

Flukey Registered User

I picked up my online top-up on Monday in Centra on Parnell Street, near the top of Moore Street.

blubloblu Registered User

I'd say this list will also be dependent on who happens to be on the till when you go.

Topped mine up successfully just there in Centra opposite Marlay Pk on Grange Road, no problems chap seemed to know what he was doing.

Victor Registered User

This is an approximate list of locations, based on the Payzone website on Wednesday.

1 person has thanked this post
robd Registered User

Victor said:
This is an approximate list of locations, based on the Payzone website on Wednesday.

Unfortunately most of these agents aren't yet issuing Leap Cards for a variety of reasons. Machine not connected, LEAP cards locked away somewhere or not arrived and the main one, staff not trained how to do it.

I'm hoping to get a list of shops posted here, where people have been successful.

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!