Yeah, bunch of silver & white unmarked cars were taken back & marked up.

Titanic & deckchairs...

1 person has thanked this post

There's a white unmarked around blanch/finglas. Wonder how long before they do something with it. Wonder what clown had the idea of having white unmarked cars ?

Mister Jingles said:
There's a white unmarked around blanch/finglas. Wonder how long before they do something with it. Wonder what clown had the idea of having white unmarked cars ?

Unmarked cars aren't necessarily meant to be inconspicuous, its just cheaper than marking them up. So it doesn't really matter if it sticks out like a sore thumb

Terrontress Registered User

Mister Jingles said:

Unmarked cars aren't necessarily meant to be inconspicuous, its just cheaper than marking them up. So it doesn't really matter if it sticks out like a sore thumb

I'm impressed they spent a few extra quid on metallic paint for that Focus.

source Registered User

Is it me or is that a jag beside the focus?

That'd be nice to see marked up.

source said:
Is it me or is that a jag beside the focus?

That'd be nice to see marked up.

I doubt its a Garda car, it seems to have Tax, insurance and NCT disks. Although it would look class marked up

starviewadams Registered User

Saw a very nice marked Saab patrol car parked up in the yard in Clondalkin Garda Station today,never saw a marked one before,very sleek looking.

Saab goin cheap now since they went wallop.

d3exile Registered User

starviewadams said:
Saw a very nice marked Saab patrol car parked up in the yard in Clondalkin Garda Station today,never saw a marked one before,very sleek looking.

Prob an old one? They got three for the EU presidency bit, one met a wall, one was in the supts parking spot in the castle with a cover on it for a few years, dunno bout the third, all leather heated seats etc, high spec cars and so on... Rare!

Haven't heard of any new ones coming in unless it was one of the trial ones

kub Registered User

I see that picture of the marked Saab was taken in 2005. How come it has battenburg markings and is not traffic or ASU?

Anyone know why they've marked up a UK BMW, testing for a tender?

foreign Registered User

mmcn90 said:
Anyone know why they've marked up a UK BMW, testing for a tender?

It's a demo model. Companies supply cars and bike for demo from time to time.

kub Registered User

foreign said:
It's a demo model. Companies supply cars and bike for demo from time to time.

Does anyone here think that they will actually purchase BMW's? I imagine that perhaps the tender is open and as per usual its the cheapest will win the contract, so it will probably be some type of renault.

POGAN Registered User

kub said:
Does anyone here think that they will actually purchase BMW's? I imagine that perhaps the tender is open and as per usual its the cheapest will win the contract, so it will probably be some type of renault.

ford won the current tender

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!