hardybuck Registered User

Bards said:
obviously someone has

Well not me anyway - breakingnews.ie made no reference to Waterford at all!

Well thank goodness Galway got its weekly job allocation!

2 people have thanked this post
Bards Registered User

hardybuck said:
Well not me anyway - breakingnews.ie made no reference to Waterford at all!

I remember breakingnews.ie getting another story about Waterford completely messed up.

Anyone remember when U-Decor went up in smoke - well Breakingnews.ie had it in Kilkenny - Doh

Sully Moderator

A lot of these jobs announcements are expansions. Aviva has a facility in Galway its expanding. We had a similar announcement a while back.

I'm not sure how many new businesses are setting up new and announcing big jobs.

AE Games to announce Galway jobsfest any moment now.

1 person has thanked this post
thomasm Registered User

mike65 said:
AE Games to announce Galway jobsfest any moment now.

300 more jobs for Galway, is it just me or does feckin Galway get every bloody job going

thomasm Registered User

This is the results of a google search of job announcments in Galway for this year

115 in Cisco
220 in Mylan
200 in Merit Medical
37 in Copperfasten
150 in HP
220 in Aviva
15 in Grant Thornton
300 in EA Games

1257 so far with a quick search and throw in the knock on employment that will create also. Great there are jobs being created but it seems loaded in one counties favour

Mini Registered User

thomasm said:
This is the results of a google search of job announcments in Galway for this year

115 in Cisco
220 in Mylan
200 in Merit Medical
37 in Copperfasten
150 in HP
220 in Aviva
15 in Grant Thornton
300 in EA Games

1257 so far with a quick search and throw in the knock on employment that will create also. Great there are jobs being created but it seems loaded in one counties favour

A comparison search for job announcements in Waterford is alot more depressing.

1 person has thanked this post
Sully Moderator

IIRC, EA Games are already operating in Galway and are just expanding their operations. Bit different to simply deciding to locate to Galway and snubbing Waterford.

Adyx Registered User

Sully said:
IIRC, EA Games are already operating in Galway and are just expanding their operations. Bit different to simply deciding to locate to Galway and snubbing Waterford.

That's right. Bioware, which is an EA studio already employ a couple of hundred people there. It's worth pointing out too that a large percentage of these jobs will require at least one other European language. b

But of course there is also the knock-on effect those jobs could have on local businesses.

thomasm Registered User

300 jobs to be announced on Limerick at 11am in a company that already employs 300. Pity we have no locally based companies with those prospects

fricatus Registered User

Sully said:

Yeah, because that's only what happened last year, so it doesn't matter any more...

Sorry for the sarcasm Sully, but 1,300 jobs for Galway in the past year and an "action plan" for Waterford? This is shameful.

BBM77 Registered User

No worries, Waterford will show them big time in the next general election and elect 2 or 3 government party TD’s.

fricatus Registered User

thomasm said:
300 jobs to be announced on Limerick at 11am in a company that already employs 300. Pity we have no locally based companies with those prospects

Pity indeed... but at least it's in Limerick, the only city in Ireland doing worse than Waterford on the unemployment front. Well done to them! - hopefully our turn comes soon...

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!