#31

If my car goes on fire I'm letting it burn . Problem solved

#32

scholar007 said:
Why not? - I'll do all the fire service phecc equivalent courses. If firemen can operate ambulances in Dublin, what's to stop a lad setting up a fire service once all the paperwork is in order?


the law.... fire services act, look it up, unless your going to be a local authority also!

Paulzx Registered User
#33

scholar007 said:
Why not? - I'll do all the fire service phecc equivalent courses. If firemen can operate ambulances in Dublin, what's to stop a lad setting up a fire service once all the paperwork is in order?



I don't think you've bothered reading the previous posts on this.


The HSE are the statuatory body for ambulance services. Dublin Fire Brigade operate an ambulance service under contract from the HSE.


The local authority is the statuatory body for the provision of fire services. Dublin City Council provide this service within its own area and under contract for the areas covered by South Dublin Co Co, Fingal Co Co and Dun Laoire. This is specifically allowed for under the Fire Services Act.

Are you a local authority? Have Dublin city council contracted you?

No i didnt think so.

To be fair you are making errroneus statements about something you don't have a clue about

#34

ivabiggon said:
the law.... fire services act, look it up, unless your going to be a local authority also!


I knew there was something I forgot - Damn the pesky law - why does it always stifle the entrepreneurial spirit?
  • Big red truck - Check
  • Big hose - Check
  • Axe - Check
  • Water - Check
  • Ladder - Check
  • Big hydraulic can opener thingy - Check
  • Breathing Apparatus - Check
  • Helmet, protective gear, boots - Check
  • Jacks / airbags - Check
  • Piece of paper - No

#35

Lets say my neighbour ' disses ' me and to get back I make a hoax 999 call reporting his house on fire - will he still get billed ?

#36

Delancey said:
Lets say my neighbour ' disses ' me and to get back I make a hoax 999 call reporting his house on fire - will he still get billed ?


You will

#37

MagicSean said:
You will


Assuming it can be proved I made the call I would expect a lot more than a 500 quid bill - but where the hoaxer cannot be traced ?

Captain Chaos Registered User
#38

Pick up a free sim, stick it in a phone and make a hoax call from down the road. Can't be tracked or traced full stop.

#39

Captain Chaos said:
Pick up a free sim, stick it in a phone and make a hoax call from down the road. Can't be tracked or traced full stop.


Yes it can. Phone number can be traced to a store and cctv can show who bought it.

1 person has thanked this post
Terrontress Registered User
#40

Captain Chaos said:
Pick up a free sim, stick it in a phone and make a hoax call from down the road. Can't be tracked or traced full stop.


Yes it can. Phone number can be traced to a store and cctv can show who bought it.


It's a hypothetical question! He is not going to do this!

To make it simpler for you, he uses a public telephone box.

#41

Captain Chaos said:
Pick up a free sim, stick it in a phone and make a hoax call from down the road. Can't be tracked or traced full stop.


sad thing is one doesn't need a sim card for a 112 or a 999 call! or even if you dial 911 in this country you'll be put through and received with open arms on the other end of the emergency line

#42

Captain Chaos said:
Pick up a free Sim, stick it in a phone and make a hoax call from down the road. Can't be tracked or traced full stop.
Mobile phone forensics is a wonderful thing, all 999/112 calls are recorded. The authorities can use voice recognition software and tag the caller if they suspect a serial hoaxer. Cell site analysis can also be used to pinpoint locations by triangulation where that phone was used at the time of the call. CCTV can also be checked in the locality. The IMEI No can also be used to trace the phones history, ie what sims were previously used in the phone, where it was bought, previous owners etc.

#43

Run_to_da_hills said:
Mobile phone forensics is a wonderful thing, all 999/112 calls are recorded. The authorities can use voice recognition software and tag the caller if they suspect a serial hoaxer. Cell site analysis can also be used to pinpoint locations by triangulation where that phone was used at the time of the call. CCTV can also be checked in the locality. The IMEI No can also be used to trace the phones history, ie what sims were previously used in the phone, where it was bought, previous owners etc.


I seriously doubt that such efforts have ever been expended on a 999 hoaxer in this country.
Yes , the technology to catch them exists but has it ever been used ?

#44

Delancey said:
I seriously doubt that such efforts have ever been expended on a 999 hoaxer in this country.
Yes , the technology to catch them exists but has it ever been used ?
I'm sure if a hoaxer is persistent / stupid enough it would be followed up.

#45

Delancey said:
I seriously doubt that such efforts have ever been expended on a 999 hoaxer in this country.
Yes , the technology to catch them exists but has it ever been used ?

Mobile phone forensics is a wonderful thing, all 999/112 calls are recorded. The authorities can use voice recognition software and tag the caller if they suspect a serial hoaxer. Cell site analysis can also be used to pinpoint locations by triangulation where that phone was used at the time of the call. CCTV can also be checked in the locality. The IMEI No can also be used to trace the phones history, ie what sims were previously used in the phone, where it was bought, previous owners etc


Some say that the technology exists to identify the individual by satelite as they are on the phone perpetrating the hoax call. Before they are finished they will be surrounded by men who perform black ops who are dressed all in black driving black jeeps with blacked out windows (enough black). They will then be whisked off to an underground bunker where they will have a fire hose shoved up their ass and turned on full blast. After several days they will be found on the side of a bog road mumbling and incoherent.

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!