lil5 Registered User

Hi Paul.
Looking for internet/mms settings for Acer S120 (liquid metal mt), but couldn't find the model on the Tescomobile support pages.

Could you possibly add them or let me know the settings.

Many thanks

lil5 said:
Hi Paul.
Looking for internet/mms settings for Acer S120 (liquid metal mt), but couldn't find the model on the Tescomobile support pages.

Could you possibly add them or let me know the settings.

Many thanks

Hi Lil

Is this an Android device?

Regards
Paul

lil5 Registered User

Hi Paul
Yes, android 2.3.5

lil5 said:
Hi Paul
Yes, android 2.3.5

Hi Lil5

Settings for Android are as below

1. Go to Settings-> Wireless&Networks->Mobile Networks and turn on Data Roaming

2. Go to Settings-> Wireless&Networks->Mobile Networks->Access Point Names and delete all existing APN’s.

3. Create a new Internet APN with settings

Name: TMI Internet APN
APN: tescomobile.liffeytelecom.com
MCC: 272
MNC: 11
APN Type: default, supl

(sometimes for APN Type setting you are only allowed choose from a list. If so choose Internet or default)

4. Create a new MMS APN with settings

Name: TMI MMS APN
APN: tescomobile.liffeytelecom.com
MMSC: http://mmc1/servlets/mms
MMS Proxy: 10.1.11.19
MMS Port: 8080
MCC: 272
MNC: 11
APN Type: mms

5. Reboot your phone

regards
Paul

oneilld73 Registered User

Hi Paul,

I've recently moved to tesco mobile prepay, after topping up and receiving my free credit,the cost of calls is deducted from my top up, not the free credit?, what gives ???.
The tesco website says 'The Top Up that you paid for is only used once your bonus credit has run out or expires'????

oneilld73 said:
Hi Paul,

I've recently moved to tesco mobile prepay, after topping up and receiving my free credit,the cost of calls is deducted from my top up, not the free credit?, what gives ???.
The tesco website says 'The Top Up that you paid for is only used once your bonus credit has run out or expires'????

International, premium or roaming calls and texts only come from paid for credit. Bonus credit is used first where it can be used on Irish calls, texts, picture messages or data outside bundle.

Regards
Paul

oneilld73 Registered User

Tesco Mobile: Paul said:
International, premium or roaming calls and texts only come from paid for credit. Bonus credit is used first where it can be used on Irish calls, texts, picture messages or data outside bundle.

Regards
Paul

Thanks Paul, the call was an Irish call, not sure if the roaming symbol was active.

finnigan Registered User

hi paul, just wanted to say thanks to tesco mobile.
wife signed up for the promotion to introduce 4 friends to your network and receive a galaxy mini.
But 1 of her friends did not top up required amount with-in the required time.
A rep called her last wed And informed her they were giving her the phone anyway.
A very happy wife and even happier me because she wanted a smart phone for christmas keep up the good work, she,s with tesco mobile many months now and is always singing your praises.
Happy new year.
Finn

1 person has thanked this post

oneilld73 said:
Thanks Paul, the call was an Irish call, not sure if the roaming symbol was active.

If it was an Irish call in Ireland then it should have come from bonus credit.

Regards
Paul

dahamsta Banned

Paul, my wife has been around in circles for weeks with ye trying to get a card added to her account, I'm sick of hearing about it at this stage. Do ye support Ulster Bank Visa debit cards or don't ye?

Hi Dahamsta

There is a small change to be made next week that will resolve this issue with Visa Debit cards

Regards
Paul

dahamsta Banned

I hope so Paul, cos it's not the first time I've heard that.

lil5 Registered User

Hi Lil5

Settings for Android are as below ...

Hi Paul
Sorry for not replying sooner. Working fine now. Thanks again for your help.

Big thumbs up to Tescomobile &
Happy New Year 2012

danjo-xx Registered User

Hi Dahamsta

There is a small change to be made next week that will resolve this issue with Visa Debit cards

Regards
Paul

Since I joined tesco a few months ago I've been using my Ulster Bank debit card with no probs at all.

Must be a recent glitch!

Hygro Registered User

am I right in saying that if I went sim only with tesco that I wouldn't be eligible to get the monthly bonus of 10/20/30 euro?

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!