Barry.Oglesby said:
I'm trying to buy some battling ropes for the gym and am getting some stupid prices. basically I want 2 lengths of 25mm but for some reason the prices are mental. I refuse to pay €100 for one length!

Anyone know of any cheaper places?

i know someone tat bought a tug of war rope for about 100 and cut it in 2? how long does each need to be?

Barry.Oglesby said:
I'm trying to buy some battling ropes for the gym and am getting some stupid prices. basically I want 2 lengths of 25mm but for some reason the prices are mental. I refuse to pay €100 for one length!

Anyone know of any cheaper places?

Limerick strongman club makes all kinds. Think Gary still runs it. You could mail him on the facebook.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Limerick-Strongman-Club/102398083717

Sorry guys edited the first post. Thanks Kevin.

I need nylon not vanilla flavoured and my gym is 15m long so I need 15m lengths. They're going to be modified to work as climbing ropes and I've sort of invented a method of resisted grip work with them so I'd like them to be adaptable for that.

Have a few good tips here to be getting on with. Thank you very glad.

Old boat ropes?

itsallaboutheL said:
Old boat ropes?

Nah they have to be clean. They'll be all over my mats which have to be free from stink and potentially infectious infecting infections.

Barry.Oglesby said:
Nah they have to be clean. They'll be all over my mats which have to be free from stink and potentially infectious infecting infections.

Er, new boat ropes?

I'm basing this on the assumption that it's similiar in price difference to that of cow/horse mats vrs purpose bought lifting mats.

1 person has thanked this post
Thud Registered User

Barry.Oglesby said:

that's be just money for old rope

8 people have thanked this post

Thud said:
that's be just money for old rope

Bravo sir.

1 person has thanked this post

itsallaboutheL said:
Er, new boat ropes?

I'm basing this on the assumption that it's similiar in price difference to that of cow/horse mats vrs purpose bought lifting mats.

I thought the same but 30m isn't a big order for a marine company so you get charged public prices. They're working out the same. I might take a drive to Howth today to haggle along the pier with the simple fisherfolk.

Dathai Registered User

Have you asked the lads in Woodies do they know of anywhere to grab some? If not have you tried Chadwicks or Goslins down in the village? They might be able to point you in the right direction.

Dathai said:
Have you asked the lads in Woodies do they know of anywhere to grab some? If not have you tried Chadwicks or Goslins down in the village? They might be able to point you in the right direction.

I remember tying a couple of the DIY places and they were stupidly expensive for it/ or didnt have it...

Let us know how you get on Barry. After using these in RAW the last time i was up i want a set. And a tyre...and an empty warehouse

Dathai Registered User

They usually deal with a hundred and one suppliers though, so if you're not buying it from the shop you can get a contact of a supplier.

JayRoc Registered User

Barry.Oglesby said:
They're working out the same. I might take a drive to Howth today to haggle along the pier with the simple fisherfolk.

Two different DIY/hardware shops advised me the same when I asked, Barry. Apparently there's a particular place on the seafront that you should find easy enough if you ask around.

So the advice is to head down the docks and ask strangers where I can get a length?

Gotcha

3 people have thanked this post
Mauricmo Registered User

Barry.Oglesby said:
So the advice is to head down the docks and ask strangers where I can get a length?

Gotcha

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!