Sashiee Registered User
#1

Hi,
i've been looking on the internet to see if i can find any testimonails on this, i know that many celebrities wear hair wigs from time to time , lady gaga being a very well known associate but it is possible for caucasian or white women to get Hair weaves??
I've seen it been done on loads of shows say american next top model where they plat the models hair and then sew a fully natural real hair wig on the top of it.
From what i can see on the net it only suits afro type hair as that hair is the strongest and the texture suites to it being braided for long periods of time but has anyone who hasnt got afro like hair ever tried it??

Just throwing it out there!!

Cupcake_Crisis Registered User
#2

I've never had i done, but when I went into a shop in Tallaght to buy clip in hair extensions the woman in the shop asked me if i'd be interested in getting it done so I'd say it can be done!

Sashiee Registered User
#3

Cupcake_Crisis said:
I've never had i done, but when I went into a shop in Tallaght to buy clip in hair extensions the woman in the shop asked me if i'd be interested in getting it done so I'd say it can be done!


Ahh no way! what was the name of the shop???

slowmoe Registered User
#4

Yes it can be done. I know of three girls who had it don, two say it wrecked their hair and they would never do it again. The other gets it done on a regular basis. She usually pays around 80 euro every 6 weeks. She's been going to different places and tbh i don't think she's found somewhere she was entirely happy with. She did go to one place on moore st that did it but the braids loosened after 2-3 weeks that she had to take it out herself as it looked pretty bad.

I've heard great reports on emilie ogoo although i've never been myself. She does a lot of hair extensions methods so would guess she'd be good to have a consultation with?

Good luck! Would love to hear how you get on

jennytightlips Registered User
#5

Sashiee said:
Hi,
i've been looking on the internet to see if i can find any testimonails on this, i know that many celebrities wear hair wigs from time to time , lady gaga being a very well known associate but it is possible for caucasian or white women to get Hair weaves??
I've seen it been done on loads of shows say american next top model where they plat the models hair and then sew a fully natural real hair wig on the top of it.
From what i can see on the net it only suits afro type hair as that hair is the strongest and the texture suites to it being braided for long periods of time but has anyone who hasnt got afro like hair ever tried it??

Just throwing it out there!!


hi Sashiee
ive had the braids in twice (got them done in moore st) and tbh id avoid them like the plague !
they destroy your hair and weigh a ton...and the fact that the girls in the shop use the fake hair makes it all the worse as i found my scalp itched like mad and both times i ended up taking the weave out about 4/5 days after getting them in (which takes about 7 hours!!)
I hope this post helps answer your question

1 person has thanked this post
Pythia Registered User
#6

I thought one of the main reasons afro ladies got it was to style their hair in ways they couldn't otherwise, which girls with caucasian hair would already be able to do?

What reasons are you considering this over extensions? I have extensions and they certainly aren't as much hassle as weaves sound. They also only take about 2 hours to put in.

I saw an episode of America's Next Top Model where one of the white girls gets a weave. It looks terrible, itches and she ends up getting it taken out soon after.

Sashiee Registered User
#7

Pythia said:


What reasons are you considering this over extensions?



I WAS thinking of getting a weave because my hair is very short ,even shaved at the nape of my neck and i have a long side fringe on my left side and short tailored cut on the right side of my head...to be honest, getting sick of it and tired of the waiting game for it to grow out.
I've had many many extensions before but My hair isnt long enough in places yet for me to eith er get them glued in or just clippy in ones...may have to wait until february at the latest.....all in all, hair is driving me nuts!

Sashiee Registered User
#8

jennytightlips said:
hi Sashiee
ive had the braids in twice (got them done in moore st) and tbh id avoid them like the plague !
they destroy your hair and weigh a ton...and the fact that the girls in the shop use the fake hair makes it all the worse as i found my scalp itched like mad and both times i ended up taking the weave out about 4/5 days after getting them in (which takes about 7 hours!!)
I hope this post helps answer your question


Hi Jenny,

Thank you so much for your reply, seeign from your experience it's not worth the time, money or horror of broken hair!!!

as i said before just looking for a solution to my very short hair and thought it mightbe possible!!
i think i'll just stick to hair bands and wait it out ...

Thank you so much again! xxx

1 person has thanked this post
Cupcake_Crisis Registered User
#9

Sashiee said:
Ahh no way! what was the name of the shop???


Not sure of the name of the shop, but it's near the Plaza hotel in Tallaght, but tbh it doesn't sound like a good idea!

1 person has thanked this post
FenixBear Registered User
#10

I know its ages since this post was active but I'm reading the comments and laughing. Firstly I'm getting weaves in my hair for 14 / 15 years, secondly I do not have any bald patches unlike my friends who are wearing bonded hair extensions for only 3 years and thirdly I am white with very thin hair.

For the girl saying it takes 7 hours - I've never heard such rubbish. It takes about 1.30 hours, I wear 200grms and get 5 rows. I dont have broken hair, no bald patches. Ive gone to the same girl for 3 of those years. I'm not here to advertise a company but take it from someone who considers themselves a expert, they are less damaging then any other type of extension (except clip ins).

Take care of the hair and it will last you 6-12 weeks, dont buy yaki hair cuz its cheaper its not made for white girls. Try brands like noble or sleek.

Hope that helps other people reading this.

Toto Wolfcastle Up and at them
#11

Welcome to Boards. Please do not bump threads that are this old. Thanks.

Thread closed.

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!