Utopia Parkway Registered User

No chance. A genuine classic.

2 people have thanked this post
yizorselves Registered User

phasers said:
The least good episode is the one with that writer and the nuns, and even that's better than 90% of other shows.

Ah c'mon, when he drives into the back of yer mans car and says "Sorry about that" and the guy smacks him, thats hilarious.

parc Registered User

I honestly don't think it's overrated and just realised it recently.

I hadn't watched it in a while and put it on one saturday I was hanging and it just reminded me that it's fantastic stuff altogether. We'll be watching it in years to come

1 person has thanked this post
monkey9 Registered User

I'm glad this thread was created just because it gives me a chance to read the quotes again. I'm laughing my head off at some of the posts on here.

I genuinely think there's not a scenario in life where you can't fit in a Father Ted quote.

"And instead of a head, he's got four arses".

No, it is most definitely not overrated!!

6 people have thanked this post

Poll added purely for the lulz!

3 people have thanked this post

No. Father Ted is timeless. The only episode that I find bad is that one with the sheep. Only good gag was 'the beast sounds like Liam Neeson chasing a load of hens around a barrel'.

Definately No!!

Well, if it helps us to dismantle druidism then it's just about tolerable with me.
But when you consider that there are swathes of people out there who must have, and I mean must have, the soap idiocies to help them thro' the day then why would it be strange that a sliver of them yearn for this
ho**em**u*e ? Doesn't it take Liquorice Allsorts ?

It was one of the better British offerings from the 1990's, no more, it could do with being buried for 20 years. What I most object to is every smartarse saying things like 'careful now' and thinking they're hilarious.

2 people have thanked this post
cactus mac88 Registered User

FUPP OFF, YA GRASSHOLE!!

Abraham said:
Well, if it helps us to dismantle druidism then it's just about tolerable with me.
But when you consider that there are swathes of people out there who must have, and I mean must have, the soap idiocies to help them thro' the day then why would it be strange that a sliver of them yearn for this
ho**em**u*e ? Doesn't it take Liquorice Allsorts ?

There's a lot worse than Ted.

Hard to think of a bad episode.

Daniel S Registered User

*THAT WOULD BE AN ECUMENICAL MATTER*

Mr E Administrator

Father Ted is great. Anyone who says otherwise gets to meet Tom.

3 people have thanked this post
OKeeffer Registered User

It's loved by Irish people more than any other. It's pretty good, not as well written as Partridge, not as well made as The Office, but is pretty good all the same.

It's great for quoting, but I wonder how many people watch dvds of it? I've got the whole set, but wouldn't really watch it, unless is happened to be on telly.

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!