Saurelin Registered User
#1,171

Mink I know how you feel, I get sometimes sad moments without reason. I notice that walk, chat with friend or bowl of ice cream helps most of time.

We picked cot, small sofa bed, bookshelf and changing unit for baby room, but now I need to check how to arrange them.

1 person has thanked this post
javagal Registered User
#1,172

FYI gals,
Dunnes have new baby clothes set reduced to 7e.
In cream,pink and blue.
We picked up three.
It's a baby grow,vest,hat,scratch mits, trousers cardigan and bib.

2 people have thanked this post
Mink Registered User
#1,173

Boots (Maynooth) has buy 2 get 3 on big boxes of pampers, Tescos also seem to have a sale on again for them and huggies.

kildareash Registered User
#1,174

javagal said:
FYI gals,
Dunnes have new baby clothes set reduced to 7e.
In cream,pink and blue.
We picked up three.
It's a baby grow,vest,hat,scratch mits, trousers cardigan and bib.


They have a really cute cot set for €35 - quilt, flat sheet and bumper. Was in my local one today but didn't notice any clothes reduced. Darn it!

Mink, totally know how you feel. I was "up" all week and then like someone flicked a switch was feeling awful emotional last night. Cldnt sleep even though I was exhausted, tears streaming down my cheeks and I wasn't crying. OH was getting annoyed because he obviously wanted to help me, and thought I wasn't telling him what was wrong. Nightmare!

mickger844posts Registered User
#1,175

Hi Everyone

My wife is having twins due in July. Its her first pregnancy obviously everything is new to her. We went through the IVF procedure and all her care up to today was in Taiwan. Since week 16 she has been getting a tightening of her tummy and an almost contraction feeling. Our Doctor in Taiwan prescribed a drug called Ritodrine to calm down the contractions and this seems to help. Last night the contractions were about 6 per hour and we were worried something might be wrong so today we went to the Labor ward in Ardkeen, Waterford.
Two things happened that disturbed us greatly from the experience. Firstly they did a procedure similar to a smear test in order to check if the Cervex was opening. This was very sore for my wife when they did it and also since then she has been getting a red discharge on wiping. Her vagina still feels sore now.
The second thing that happened was the registrar Doctor basically said there is nothing they can do to stop a miscarriage before 24 weeks and what will be will be. Basically you are on your own type attitude. My wifes faith in the whole medical system here is now gone and she feels helpless. We are wondering is this type of attitude from the Doctors the general opinion of Doctors in this country or do some show caring and try to help women to keep their babies and get them 24 weeks and beyond? We would really like to hear others opinions and experiences.
Thanks in Advance

Mike

silly Registered User
#1,176

Hi MickGer,

First of all, my congratulations to you and your wife on being successful with IVF.

What you have experienced with doctors here is very sad. Patients are sometimes treated as numbers in our hospital. Faceless and nameless. I'm so sorry that you and your wife had such a horrible experience. I know some of the girls here have come across some horrible doctors so far in their pregnancy.
Unfortunately I cannot comment, this is my second pregnancy and I haven't had any complications so far, apart from an unpleasant experience in the labour ward with some trainee ambulance workers on my first birth, I haven't had any problems with dr's I have met.

Would you try ringing your local gp and asking some advice. There should be something they can do for her surely!?


Sorry I couldn't be more help. I hope your wife is ok.

Silly x

1 person has thanked this post
cyning Registered User
#1,177

Mickger: I've had a few bleeds this pregnancy and they've checked my cervix to see was it open each time: that is normal. And it did hurt me aswell. I'm not sure about bleeding to be honest because that was what was bothering me anytime they checked.

I know they told me at the two bleeds I had before 12 weeks there was nothing they could do... the most recent one they didn't: but then it didn't come up either as it wasn't bad. I'd ring your local GP: anything just to see.

The attitude is uncalled for and unfortunately some nurses and doctors have the bedside manner of a block of ice. Patients are as Silly said faceless and nameless: but just to some doctors.

I've been really sick this pregnancy and the majority of nurses and doctors have been lovely (not all but most!) they've done their best to reassure me and get me feeling healthy again. I'm still sick but god I am so much better then I had been and my little babs is normal and healthy. I've had loads of extra scans and been scheduled for more because I need them.

It's utterly traumatic for you and your wife to be so worried and to have been treated like that. If the discharge doesn't stop ring GP or hospital. Request a different doctor...

I hope everythings okay for both of you x

1 person has thanked this post
#1,178

Mickger I think this is indicative of our normal doctors here. I know so many foreign friends or friends with duel citizenship who return home for treatment after experiences like this. I would say yes the feeling is very much that you are on your own. You can get some attention if you go privately but even then I think medicine hasn`t advanced so much here and they place little importants on the lives of unborn children when they can`t even manage to provide healthcare to the children living with health problems. I`m sorry I can`t offer you any comfort or tell you that this was a rarity.

1 person has thanked this post
Kash Registered User
#1,179

Mickerger, no advice other than what has already been given above - contact your GP and get seen by another consultant. We've had quite a few of the July ladies with serious medical concerns, and they have proved that there are great doctors out there. My heart goes out to you both.

Ladies, I had my anomaly scan yesterday, and our little baby is absolutely perfect! We're having a girl! I am so excited! I may not be able to feel the kicks yet, but she was kicking her little feet like she was having her first tantrum

I can't recommend ultrasound dimensions highly enough, they were amazing. They scanned the heart (we could see all the chambers and valves pumping), kidneys, bladder (which you can see empty!), spine - with all clearly distinct vertebrae, legs, arms - everything! And no shadow of a doubt that it was a little girl - the woman zoomed in, right at the start of the scan, and while my husband and I were still trying to figure out what we were looking at, she just said - it's definitely a girl, there is her labia, and there is her tiny clitoris! We were awe-struck!

They even flicked into the 3D imaging for a while so we could see our little girl's face, which is adorable. We're both already smitten, and i've been smiling so much, my face is sore

One of the £D images makes here look like a gremlin, but in the other, her little face is so clear. I'm so in love

7 people have thanked this post
javagal Registered User
#1,180

Kash said:
Mickerger, no advice other than what has already been given above - contact your GP and get seen by another consultant. We've had quite a few of the July ladies with serious medical concerns, and they have proved that there are great doctors out there. My heart goes out to you both.

Ladies, I had my anomaly scan yesterday, and our little baby is absolutely perfect! We're having a girl! I am so excited! I may not be able to feel the kicks yet, but she was kicking her little feet like she was having her first tantrum

I can't recommend ultrasound dimensions highly enough, they were amazing. They scanned the heart (we could see all the chambers and valves pumping), kidneys, bladder (which you can see empty!), spine - with all clearly distinct vertebrae, legs, arms - everything! And no shadow of a doubt that it was a little girl - the woman zoomed in, right at the start of the scan, and while my husband and I were still trying to figure out what we were looking at, she just said - it's definitely a girl, there is her labia, and there is her tiny clitoris! We were awe-struck!

They even flicked into the 3D imaging for a while so we could see our little girl's face, which is adorable. We're both already smitten, and i've been smiling so much, my face is sore

One of the £D images makes here look like a gremlin, but in the other, her little face is so clear. I'm so in love

Kash girl power woo!
That place is great!i think the same about the 3d picture, one she's gorgeous and looks like me , another shes like voldemort!
Congrats girl isnt it the most amazing day x

1 person has thanked this post
Tinkerbell4484 Registered User
#1,181

Girls I'm still in shock had my scan this morning and it was brilliant,after having 4 boys I'm having a girl. Dh nearly fell of the chair,and I'm just still in total shock

5 people have thanked this post
notsobusy Registered User
#1,182

I'm delighted for you tinks!!!

1 person has thanked this post
Saurelin Registered User
#1,183

Ladies that’s great
I can imagine how happy you are

We have scan arrange in hospital for 15th of March and I can't wait


We spend afternoon today in Howth, weather was great, and I feel so relaxed and sleepy now

1 person has thanked this post
javagal Registered User
#1,184

Tinkerbell4484 said:
Girls I'm still in shock had my scan this morning and it was brilliant,after having 4 boys I'm having a girl. Dh nearly fell of the chair,and I'm just still in total shock

Congrats tink x

1 person has thanked this post
#1,185

Congrats Tink thats fab xxx

notsobusy-2nd July
Tinkerbell4484 - 4th July - Girl
Mamaheidi-8th July?
Cyning-8th July
Javagal-9th July - Girl
Kiwi2011-12th July
Kash-13th July - Girl
KildareAsh-15th July
Silly- 18th July
Fri.Day - 18th July
Trions - 22nd July
Saurelin- 22nd July
March11 - 24th July
Mink- 28th July
theg81der- 31st July

Is that everyone who knows so far?

1 person has thanked this post

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!