javagal Registered User
#46

silly said:
I won't be finding out the sex. Would like it to be a surprise.
My husband would like a boy, being the only son in his family he took over the family farm, he would like a son to pass it onto, but I know he'll be happy with a girl too. Girls can farm too!!

Where are ye girls from?
I'm in cork so will be giving birth in the CUMH.


I'm from Laois, So Portlaoise for me!

March11 Registered User
#47

Cyning - delighted to hear that all is ok You must feel so relieved!

I am Waterford/Cork so CUMH for me too please god all going well!

cyning Registered User
#48

silly said:
You need to take whatever advice they give you re: anti nausea tablets, they know best to keep you and baby healthy!


Its just some people tell me its fine, but nothing is 100% safe in the first trimester of pregnancy. So going to try and cope for a bit longer: I do know if I end up in hosp again I might have to.

March11 said:
Cyning - delighted to hear that all is ok You must feel so relieved!

I am Waterford/Cork so CUMH for me too please god all going well!


Like you wouldn't believe: hopefully I can start relaxing and enjoying it a bit more!

Kerry General for me

Mink Registered User
#49

I'm in Kildare but work in Dublin. So going to go to Rotunda for scans & such but.... I'm planning to do a homebirth with the homebirth grant.

I need to start ringing around the independent midwives on the weekend and see if any of them will take me. I'm a 1st timer & although I'm not exactly on the Rotunda's doorsetep I'm exactly 1/2hr from there or Mullingar - in the other direction - so distance shouldn't be a problem if any issues come up and I have to be transferred to hospital care.

My sis had her 2nd with a homebirth & she loved it. Plus I know three women who had homebirths on all their babies, including their first & it went well. They all lived in Dublin.

Fri.Day Registered User
#50

Congratulations to ye ladies OK i`ll join in
I`m 6 weeks pregnant (miscarried in august at 9 weeks so a little reluctant to call myself pregnant!!)
I`m due July 18th
I went to Dr on period due dates cos of very high temp with sore throat but he didn`t test, he just trusted my 7 positive tests starting from 10 days past ovulation!! He filled out the form for hosp and that was it - no blood tests, blood pressure or weight check. Should I have had those? Also according to him I shouldn`t need to see him again til after my 20 week scan!?!? Seems a bit long is it?
I know if Ive any worries I can go into him or the early pregnancy unit...

javagal Registered User
#51

I am beyond exhausted today i just cannot kick the tiredness. Suppose it's better than sickness.

cyning Registered User
#52

Fri.Day said:
Congratulations to ye ladies OK i`ll join in
I`m 6 weeks pregnant (miscarried in august at 9 weeks so a little reluctant to call myself pregnant!!)
I`m due July 18th
I went to Dr on period due dates cos of very high temp with sore throat but he didn`t test, he just trusted my 7 positive tests starting from 10 days past ovulation!! He filled out the form for hosp and that was it - no blood tests, blood pressure or weight check. Should I have had those? Also according to him I shouldn`t need to see him again til after my 20 week scan!?!? Seems a bit long is it?
I know if Ive any worries I can go into him or the early pregnancy unit...


Congratulations!!

It seems very long to have to wait untill after your 20 week scan... I had blood pressure and weight check done when I went in. He also did blood test: he did a full antenatal screen checked blood type etc: i thought they always did that on your first appt: but im totally open to correction on that. Maybe give him a ring just to check do they need to be done? My doc said he wanted to see me once a month or more often if i needed it before i got the hyperemisis or the bleed: for the whole week where I was just being normal!!

Kash Registered User
#53

I am exhausted too!

Hubby is home for the weekend tomorrow, and we've booked a scan at a place in Dublin seeing as we will both be there together. I had noticed a tiny spot of blood yesterday (really tiny, about the size of a match head) so had a bit of a panic. Seem fine today though, apart from being wrecked, but the scan will set my mind at rest.

I also feel really, really fat! I've never been a skinny minny, but I was always a 14-16, and now all my pants feel uncomfortably tight and my boobs are even bigger, if they increase much more, I'll tip over. I'm 7 weeks today, so surely I can't be showing yet! Of course it could be all the extra milk I've been drinking

Saurelin Registered User
#54

Congratulation to everyone
I can wait my first scan only few days left
My morning sickness should be called after midnight ;-) they start around 2- 3 am and keep going until 7-8 am. I usually feel nausea.
Hope it will stop soon.
Re bra – I bought some time ago sports bra in pennys (grey soft one) it is crappy as a sports – bra but it is great for nights.

1 person has thanked this post
Mink Registered User
#55

Hey Friday!
I went to gp last night, all he did was get me to pee in a cup again so he could confirm the pregnancy, which was positive again. He barely remembered to do my blood pressure. And then that was it. I'm not bothered though, I just wanted to get letter for rotunda so can get ball rolling.

I feel like I just have constant PMS with the sore boobs and cramping, not complaining though, it's all a good sign. I do feel like I've already gained inches around my middle, I'm so bloated and boobs are huge. I need to watch it on the junk food and start going for walks!

Also anyone else have a bit of insomnia? I'm waking up two hours before my alarm and tossing and turning, I never usually have probs sleeping.

1 person has thanked this post
silly Registered User
#56

Congrats Fri.day!
I'm due on the 18th too!
I do feel a little bigger, but I'm sure it's just bloating. This is my 2 nd child so I know I will get bigger faster than the first time.
I asked my dr. About combined care, she gave me a list of when I am to see her.
Before 12 wks
At 24 wks
28 wks ( or hospital visit if 1st child)
30 weeks
34 weeks
39 weeks
2 weeks after birth for baby
6 weeks after birth for mother and baby.

1 person has thanked this post
javagal Registered User
#57

Mink said:
Hey Friday!
I went to gp last night, all he did was get me to pee in a cup again so he could confirm the pregnancy, which was positive again. He barely remembered to do my blood pressure. And then that was it. I'm not bothered though, I just wanted to get letter for rotunda so can get ball rolling.

I feel like I just have constant PMS with the sore boobs and cramping, not complaining though, it's all a good sign. I do feel like I've already gained inches around my middle, I'm so bloated and boobs are huge. I need to watch it on the junk food and start going for walks!

Also anyone else have a bit of insomnia? I'm waking up two hours before my alarm and tossing and turning, I never usually have probs sleeping.

Huge +1 on insomnia

Fri.Day Registered User
#58

Thanks I`ll see how things go from here..
Got a call yesterday for antenatal classes for January (for my 1st pregnancy) so she put down for an early pregnacy class instead and moved my antenatal to May - So that done now!!
I got an almighty pain in my lower abs last night heading upstairs, I was bent over and couldn`t move for a while... Frightened the hell outta me when I`m convincing myself to be positive...Thankfully I`m actually sicker today with morning sickness than all week - I might actually throw up yet

mamaheidi Registered User
#59

Hey everyone,

Firstly congrats to all! I'm also due around the 8th of July. It's so nice to see everyone so excited here! Our little bubs was a big surprise and since it's not an ideal time we were very shocked but really really excited now (but petrified at the same time!). Good luck to everyone x

March11 Registered User
#60

Hats off Mink on the homebirthing plan. You go girl!!! As for the insomnia, I am like a crazy woman in the bed!!

Welcome Fri.Day. Don't worry - locum I saw didn't ask me for anything either! As for seeing the doc again, she didn't say anything to me either about return visits, so I am clueless on that too!

Javagal - I am constantly waking during the night and my head is wrecked from restless legs - my hubbie (at 2am this morn!) said it's like sleeping with a washing machine coz I am turning and hopping around so much in the bed and don't get me even started on getting up for pees during the night!!!

Cyning - your doc seems very thorough in all fairness, must be very reassuring, I am a tad jealous!!!

Kash - I have an awful pot belly (plus massive boobly doobies) and I am only 5.5 weeks!

Got my progesterone level back, it's higher then it normally should be at this stage so am waiting for consultant to advise me on what to do re the cyclogest pessaries (yuck!)

And welcome Mamaheidi

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!