Throw up a post on the Leagues forum:

www.iafs.co.uk

2 people have thanked this post
dropping_bombs Registered User

will do tallaght!! Do you know where we could price reasonably priced gear? Or could we get it off other irish clubs second hand?! I can't remember which website I saw it on but a set was 260 or 270 pounds!!

dropping_bombs said:
will do tallaght!! Do you know where we could price reasonably priced gear? Or could we get it off other irish clubs second hand?! I can't remember which website I saw it on but a set was 260 or 270 pounds!!

Unfortunately if you buy new this side of the Atlantic there is no reasonably priced equipment. But getting from the US you will pay customs on large orders so there is really no win win situation. It is an expensive sport but that first set of equipment you buy is a 3-4 year investment minimum. And its a great sport to play.

http://americansportsireland.com/shop/american-football-shoulder-pads/american-football-starter-packs.html

This guy is based up North and is one of the Coaches of the Belfast Trojans. Only new site but he is doing some deals.

What I would say to you though set your team up first and get guys going as a flag team and build a base of guys before you bother buying pads and the like.

As someone who ran a team I know how hard it is to do so and how easy it can all fall apart. If you need any advice send me an email coachjohncollins(at)gmail.com

When you guys do get setup UCD will be more than willing to go help you guys get going with practice etc etc and give your guys a taste of the game. Also an excuse for a weekend in Galway

1 person has thanked this post
Shane.C Registered User

For the equipment i have WR pads and helmet as does my mate, we got them 2nd hand from a supplier in Texas, 140 for the helmet and pads, if you want i could get the suppliers info! i think you need an order over 10 though!

Il Play! (if thats ok) always fancied myself as a bit of a eli maning?

Shane.C said:
For the equipment i have WR pads and helmet as does my mate, we got them 2nd hand from a supplier in Texas, 140 for the helmet and pads, if you want i could get the suppliers info! i think you need an order over 10 though!

Ya the supplier info would be good, just to see how much an order would cost! Its looking like me may have to start off as a flag team for a few months just to get this working and to see if we are doing things half right at least! Would ye be still interested in that or would that be too low of a standard for ye?

@wiger everyone is welcome to play! Even if you'll be as bad as eli manning;P Tell your friends about it too and keep an eye on the facebook page, thats where we'll be posting our news once we get going!

Shane.C said:

www.footballamericana.com

Be careful with this site though. He has a weird policy of not caring if your stuff goes missing in transit internationally. We were all set to use him once until he told us he takes no responsibility for missing goods or replace them if the courier loses them. If you go with him make sure you get the stuff sent by a proper carrier like UPS or DHL etc and pay him the extra cash to get them sent right.

Shane.C Registered User

Yea thats the website, thanks tallaght, the delivery process went perfect for us!

Shane.C Registered User

Never mind the standard thing, if we get going as a flag team first, get an initial group of guys together consistently over a period of time then we could give the development league a go! I just wanna get out there again and play some FOOTBALL!

2 people have thanked this post

Shane.C said:
Yea thats the website, thanks tallaght, the delivery process went perfect for us!

Id say for the most part it probably would but in UCD the lads were given a grant by the school so had they ordered stuff and it went missing the school would be pissed. That doubt was enough for our teams committee to say fook it and go to a proper place.

Molly Registered User

I'm interested in this, but i'm not an NUIG student.

Molly said:
I'm interested in this, but i'm not an NUIG student.

Thats ok, just keep an eye on the facebook page

dropping_bombs said:
@wiger everyone is welcome to play! Even if you'll be as bad as eli manning;P Tell your friends about it too and keep an eye on the facebook page, thats where we'll be posting our news once we get going!

Ha! Ha! Ha! MVP after season one, guaranteed

Would love to pick the sport up for a while! Pity football gets in my way though.

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!