KevoS2009 Registered User
#1

Anyone going to apply lads? Applications closed on the 31st March

http://www.uefa.com/uefaeuro2012/ticketing/index.html

IMPORTANT NOTE FOR THOSE NEW TO TICKET PORTAL -

yabadabado said:
There is a 10% charge on all tickets sold on the portal plus a €20 admin charge per transaction.

You cannot buy different category tickets for the same match ie. If you buy a CAT 1 ticket for IRE Vs. CRO ,you cannot buy a CAT 2 or 3 for the game.

You cannot buy tickets for different matches on the same date.

You cannot buy more than 4 tickets per match.

"The number of tickets you have selected is not available. Please reduce the number of tickets you are requesting".
The amount of tickets you have selected are not available on the portal at that time,you need to reduce the number to proceed to the payment screen.

“You have selected 0 tickets"
This means the tickets are gone .

I got tickets and i can see them in "My Tickets" section but i have not received any e-mail, do i have them? or do i have to wait for confirmation email?
If the tickets appear in "My Tickets" section you have them,sometimes you wont receive an email confirmation.Check your credit card ,the transaction should show up within 3 days.

If you see the loading screen after you enter your credit card details you probably have the tickets. Processing can be very slow,often over 10 minutes.If you have been successful they will show up in "My Tickets" section when you log back in.

Chrome users:
Go to the chrome store and download the Page Monitor and Auto refresh.they will appera on the top right of the screen ,click them to use them.

Firefox users:
Google "reloadevery" and download this extension it will auto refresh the page for you ,set it by right clicking on the mouse on the portal page.

Both chrome and firefox extensions are used to auto refresh the portal web page, recommend setting every 30seconds.

Page monitor is 'the alarm' which rings every time there is a change on the page so if a new game comes up the bell will ring. Some extensions you can put in specific keyword such as IRL and it will only ring when IRL games come up. (Lads I'm not too sure about this one I never used it so change this if you know how if works properly)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
And it is also recommended to have credit card details copied from a word document to paste into CC section to speed up buying tickets.

And newbies should select some tickets just to go into the payment page just to see what the payment process is like etc.Just don't complete the transaction.

7 people have thanked this post
ergo Registered User
#2

thanks for that post, I just applied today

Len_007 Registered User
#3

Me too, here's hoping.

#4

awww wtf! i didnt see this at all. not publisised much!!! FS was just thinking about planning my trip last night!!!!

where did ye try to get tickets?
guess ill just go and get tickets when im there!

1 person has thanked this post
KevoS2009 Registered User
#5

got this email from uefa today:

Dear Football Supporter, We are delighted to inform you that your ticket application for UEFA EURO 2012™ has been successful. You have been allocated Follow My Team tickets.



Basically what this means is if Ireland qualify, I have tickets for the 3 group games. If we don't qualify they will just cancel the tickets for me. Nothing to lose but it's great to know im guaranteed a ticket if Ireland qualify

#6

KevoS2009 said:
got this email from uefa today:

Dear Football Supporter, We are delighted to inform you that your ticket application for UEFA EURO 2012™ has been successful. You have been allocated Follow My Team tickets.



Basically what this means is if Ireland qualify, I have tickets for the 3 group games. If we don't qualify they will just cancel the tickets for me. Nothing to lose but it's great to know im guaranteed a ticket if Ireland qualify

well done.
personally i dont like the whole follow the team, unless your rich and can take holidays as if ireland progress from the group stage say, then you would HAVE to buy all the next games so you'll have to pay a lot for hotels on really short notice.
Also going to all your teams games will probably result in many 12+ journeys as the distances are so great there!

aflib Registered User
#7

adamski8 said:

Also going to all your teams games will probably result in many 12+ journeys as the distances are so great there!


a bag of cans and a few polish girls on your lap would soon pass the 12 hours

1 person has thanked this post
DerekDGoldfish Registered User
#8

adamski8 said:
well done.
personally i dont like the whole follow the team, unless your rich and can take holidays as if ireland progress from the group stage say, then you would HAVE to buy all the next games so you'll have to pay a lot for hotels on really short notice.
Also going to all your teams games will probably result in many 12+ journeys as the distances are so great there!


You could have applied for follow you team tickets for thr group stages only.

I got my follow your team tickets to the final, it could be very expensive and could be a lot of travel but as a once off event I think it would be worth it, ive always wanted to go to a World Cup or Euros and want to do so before i have responsibilities.

ergo Registered User
#9

got the same e-mail, my application succesful for Follow Your Team tickets, I only applied for the Group stages, thanks again to OP

as has been mentioned, not sure when I'd get a chance to go again for an extended period to a tournament, and Russia and Qatar not too appealing for the World Cups travel wise

just qualification to sort out now

KevoS2009 Registered User
#10

ergo said:
got the same e-mail, my application succesful for Follow Your Team tickets, I only applied for the Group stages, thanks again to OP

as has been mentioned, not sure when I'd get a chance to go again for an extended period to a tournament, and Russia and Qatar not too appealing for the World Cups travel wise

just qualification to sort out now


no problem mate. as you said just qualification to sort out now. We always make it hard for ourselves. Come on the boys in green!!!

ktah Registered User
#11

Hi, I too got the follow my team tickets, group stage only tickets. Was just wondering if for any reason I couldnt go, am I able to cancel my order? On the website it says about not being able to sell my own personal ticket, but would they be strict about that i.e. could I just sell all four of my tickets if for some reason i couldn't go?

I probably would go should we qualify, but lately some of my friends have suggested going to america for the summer next year and i don't want to be tied down by the price of these tickets

finbarrk Registered User
#12

Don't worry, if we qualify you will be able to get rid of them no problem.

joshrogan Registered User
#13

Says we might be able to purchase tickets at a later stage, I presume tickets for most group stage games will be available to purchase then and maybe a select few QF's, I doubt the semi's/final's will be unsold when they go on general release.

daycentom Registered User
#14

Might be an obvious answer but how do you go about getting and securing tickets for Irelands matches for the upcoming tournament? I know they're not on sale until the groups are drawn but then where do ya havta go t get them and will they sell fast?

finbarrk Registered User
#15

The same way as we got them for the qualifiers. The FAI ticket office. I'm sure they will have your details if you have purchased tickets allready.

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!