#2,176

shotgunmcos said:
Trying to avoid this, Kurt's and Marthastew's logs as you are all humming. I'm still weeks from any training Happy tapering hoochiedoubleD!


Tell you what Mike- I had a year+ on the sidelines with injury and its a pain in the feckin' ass and you think you'll never see fitness again and you sort of hate reading others logs... but that'll pass, and you'll be back at the coalface soon enough with huge enthusiasm, and that's worth it. And if you keep oiling your wetsuit, and I can figure out how to kick my legs, we might just have that race in GdaL to look forward to. And then you can come home first in Dublin under 3 hours, MS and DD can fight each other for 2nd and 3rd, and you can all wait for me to join ye in a pub and we'll raise a glass to life

1 person has thanked this post
Dory Dory Registered User
#2,177

@ pgmcpq...."the dreamy, unrealistic young moth...."??? I AM THAT MOTH!!! Well, except for that young part. Super little story that will keep me optimistically flying higher and higher to that star.

@ Kurt...tonight was the first Monday of the entire plan that was an "off" day, so it rocked my world a little, but the funk has been dragged out if me and I'm going to enjoy this last phase of training in my trademark whoop whoop style. And...raise a glass to life post-DCM? You don't have to ask me twice!

@ shotgun...chin up....take your time healing....and look forward to a sub 3 DCM followed by the post race sugar and spirit indulgence that's being organized by Kurt.

@ Marthastew...HOLY MERDE to you....you ultra babe, you! We'll wait until after you take London by storm and wow them with your running prowess to talk Dublin. Cannot wait to travel back to Ireland and participate in this special marathon with all you fine peeps.

1 person has thanked this post
Dory Dory Registered User
#2,178

Taper, Day One.

Plan: off

Off?? Whah???? Nothing?? Zip? Zilch? Nada?? This sort of freaked me out today.....but then I was gently and lovingly descended on by a few of my friends here who reminded me of a few crucial details and...oh, snap!....I am so over the pity party that was boring me to tears. It's history baby. Nothing but sun-shiney days, star chasing and out-of-my-skin excitement for the next 3 weeks. Plus, it didn't hurt my much needed attitude adjustment that there was a Boston race packet waiting for me in the mailbox when I arrived home tonight. Good stuff.

Any way....was supposed to have been a physio evening, but I binned that tonight. Didn't feel like it, besides I need to wean him off me and my money. However, that left me looking at an entire evening of nothingness, a concept that is quite hard for this gal to stomach....so, a little downward facing dog action followed by a few warrior IIs and one spectacular plow into a shoulder stand was whipped out of my back pocket. In other words, 40 minutes of yoga was my evening filler....followed by a side order of 400 sit-ups done in a variety of ways. House kitties, Butler and Norris, were in rare form hogging sharing my yoga mat with me....and to my delight, they both busted a few really awesomely limber moves that totally put my flexibility to shame.

Actual: 40 minutes of yoga followed by ab work

3 people have thanked this post
Krusty_Clown Registered User
#2,179

Dory Dory said:
followed by a side order of 400 sit-ups done in a variety of ways

You're joking, right? I struggle through two sets of 20 a couple of times a week. Enjoy the taper. My brain is itching, and I'm still a week from taper. Time to start picking up those old hobbies like reading and spring cleaning.

Oryx Registered User
#2,180

I used to do mega sets of situps, till someone who would know advised there were much better core exercises I could do with my time.

Dory Dory Registered User
#2,181

Krusty_Clown said:
You're joking, right? I struggle through two sets of 20 a couple of times a week. Enjoy the taper. My brain is itching, and I'm still a week from taper. Time to start picking up those old hobbies like reading and spring cleaning.


Not joking, but you'd never know it from the looks of my abs. UGH!! I have a routine of 3 sets of 100s (3 types with each set - 20, 40, 40)...then do 100 straight on a big old medicine ball.

Oryx said:
I used to do mega sets of situps, till someone who would know advised there were much better core exercises I could do with my time.


Yeah, I can think of a few other core exercises I'd rather do with my time too.

interested Registered User
#2,182

A lot of runners could benefit from cross training with some swimming from time to time to improve core strength.

Good luck with Boston !


1 person has thanked this post
Oryx Registered User
#2,183

Dory, one of us has a dirty mind. I really dont think its me, because I was thinking of russian twists, planks, getups, supermans and all kinds of other stuff. Heaven knows what kind of thing you were thinking of. A superman of another sort, maybe!

1 person has thanked this post
Dory Dory Registered User
#2,184

interested said:
A lot of runners could benefit from cross training with some swimming from time to time to improve core strength.

Good luck with Boston !




Hey.....it's the smart-arsed legend himself!! And while I have your attention....i have this friend who slap his hand on the water at entry. Any suggestions?

interested Registered User
#2,185

Dory Dory said:
Hey.....it's the smart-arsed legend himself!! And while I have your attention....i have this friend who slap his hand on the water at entry. Any suggestions?


Just read that now. I was wondering why he had a runner coaching him how to swim ? but hey ... as you put it ... a friend in need and all.


A 'smart arse' definitely ... a legend ? hardly, but then you were probably being smart

1 person has thanked this post
Dory Dory Registered User
#2,186

Oryx said:
Dory, one of us has a dirty mind. I really dont think its me, because I was thinking of russian twists, planks, getups, supermans and all kinds of other stuff. Heaven knows what kind of thing you were thinking of. A superman of another sort, maybe!


Let's see....moderator of sex and sexuality and speaks fluently of russian twists, getups and supermans. Right, so....

interested said:
Just read that now. I was wondering why he had a runner coaching him how to swim ? but hey ... as you put it ... a friend in need and all.


A 'smart arse' definitely ... a legend ? hardly, but then you were probably being smart


Darling, it's like being born Catholic - once a swimmer always a swimmer. Which reminds me, how is your running going?? You haven't ignored it completely have you? Great enhancement to your endurance, running and all. Rhythm, cadence, breathing....for long periods at a time....will certainly benefit you while in the water. Let me know if you need a running coach - I'll have a little time on my hands in a few weeks. Perhaps we can build you up to DCM shape. Heck, I'll even take care of the entry fee for you AND be more than delighted to pace you there. A friend in need and all....

Oryx Registered User
#2,187

I also mod paranormal, but I aint fraid of no ghost! Situps are the missionary position of fitness. Plenty of better ways to do it.

I know who you were thinking of btw.

Dory Dory Registered User
#2,188

Oryx said:
I also mod paranormal, but I aint fraid of no ghost! Situps are the missionary position of fitness. Plenty of better ways to do it.

I know who you were thinking of btw.


But have you ever tried it on a bouncy medicine ball?

(And you know who i was thinking of?? Really?? Shhhhh.... )

Oryx Registered User
#2,189

Dory Dory said:
But have you ever tried it on a bouncy medicine ball?

(And you know who i was thinking of?? Really?? Shhhhh.... )
Course. Im psychic. And there could be only one...

Ugh bouncy medicine balls bring back horrid memories I wont share.

Dory Dory Registered User
#2,190

Oryx said:
Course. Im psychic. And there could be only one...

Ugh bouncy medicine balls bring back horrid memories I wont share.


And i've got one about a stairwell....but we can swap those kinds of stories after a few pints in October.

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!