Younganne Registered User

Ye hoping to get out in the morning and then taking the kids to the beach for a walk!!

Lots of us doing Jingle Bells 5K. We'll have to arrange meet up so we can put faces to names!!!

sunflowerRo Registered User

Younganne said:
Ye hoping to get out in the morning and then taking the kids to the beach for a walk!!

Lots of us doing Jingle Bells 5K. We'll have to arrange meet up so we can put faces to names!!!

Sounds like a plan

1 person has thanked this post
BobMac104 Registered User

ok iam gonna try a table...Basically the same as the DCM thread.

NameSessionsDistanceComments
BobMac104315mFeel good.Looking forward to getting back to regular running this week

Its been 5 weeks (?) since taper began so iam getting a bit anxious to start back following a regular plan. going to go for a speed session with the local club on tuesday i think to see what thats all about. did a few strides yesterday after a brisk 4miler and i think i am good to go but will continue to monitor as the week goes on.

(table worked!)

MonTueWedThurFriSatSun
Rest4m5m4Mrest6mCross

Here is this weeks plan for anyone looking to follow it

* note this is Hal Higdon Week 3 as third week since DCM and we have skipped week 2

3 people have thanked this post

NameSessionsDistanceTotalComments
BobMac104315m15mLooking forward to getting back to regular running this week
Younganne414m14menjoyed the easy pace this week

Good man BobMac104, soon we'll have it full of names.... i added Total so that we could track it as the weeks go up
Did a bit of Tempo today..did miles 3 & 4 at pace

hey E.coli any tips on what to expect from a club speed session ? Obviously depends on what they will do, but in general like.

ecoli said:
MonTueWedThurFriSatSun
Rest4m5m4Mrest6mCross

Here is this weeks plan for anyone looking to follow it

* note this is Hal Higdon Week 3 as third week since DCM and we have skipped week 2

Can i ask why we are skipping week 2? at the end of week 4 he recommend a race and i think a few have signed up for Jingle Bell on 3rd Dec which fits in at the end of the 4 weeks....just wondering??

Younganne said:
Can i ask why we are skipping week 2? at the end of week 4 he recommend a race and i think a few have signed up for Jingle Bell on 3rd Dec which fits in at the end of the 4 weeks....just wondering??

Simply because you are two weeks out from the Marathon. Your body should feel recovered enough to the point where you are able to resume mid mileage low intensity

The aim will be to include some very light 5k paced work the week before Jingle Bells just to introduce your legs to running at this pace before you shock the body with the race

Thanks Ecoli, that make sense, i was just wondering in todays run how i would manage to run faster after all this slow easy running!! I enjoyed the faster paced miles today.

BobMac104 said:
hey E.coli any tips on what to expect from a club speed session ? Obviously depends on what they will do, but in general like.

400m intervals are a classic session although at this time of the year there will be some clubs doing Fartlek type runs which are basically X min hard running usually follow by the same easy jogging in between reps.

What club are you going to?

red face dave Registered User

red face dave31111mGreat to be back at it.

Very bad this weekend take aways, pints way to many pints very sick today. But it was my first time since September so it was allowed. Off the drink now until after Waterford half. Cheer Bob for the table.

ecoli said:
400m intervals are a classic session although at this time of the year there will be some clubs doing Fartlek type runs which are basically X min hard running usually follow by the same easy jogging in between reps.

What club are you going to?

Thanks I think they did that last week alright. looking forward to something like that.
Grange (Cork)

Younganne said:
good man BobMac104, soon we'll have it full of names.... i added Total so that we could track it as the weeks go up
Did a bit of Tempo today..did miles 3 & 4 at pace

red face dave said:
Very bad this weekend take aways, pints way to many pints very sick today. But it was my first time since September so it was allowed. Off the drink now until after Waterford half. Cheer Bob for the table.

Thanks lads!

Nules10 Registered User

MonTueWedThurFriSatSun
Rest4m5m4Mrest6mCross

Hey ecoli. I assume i follow this with the extra run at the weekend. (am doing the waterford half) I am also just going to change my rest days around to Monday and friday as i wont get to run at all on monday. Thanks

Nules10 Registered User

red face dave31111mGreat to be back at it.
Nules10 41414 Aww i hope i haven't fecked up the table have forgotten how to do it

Phew :-)
Oh Thanks bob

Nules10 said:
MonTueWedThurFriSatSun
Rest4m5m4Mrest6mCross

Hey ecoli. I assume i follow this with the extra run at the weekend. (am doing the waterford half) I am also just going to change my rest days around to Monday and friday as i wont get to run at all on monday. Thanks

Sorry the table messed up

MonTueWedThurFriSatSun
Rest4m5m4Mrest6mCross

Should be fixed now in terms of people aiming for the Half my suggestion would be

MonTueWedThurFriSatSun
Rest4m5m4Mrest60 min60 min

2 people have thanked this post

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!