Temptamperu Registered User

...In the making of this motion picture. This tag is at the end of every movie made now a days, But my ponderence of this is why does it not say no humans were harmed are we not as important as animals? Why dont we get a special mention at the end credits.
Another thing in the making of The Game of Thrones a scene where a horse gets its head lamped off and Peta complained... but there are hundreds of humans are slain in the most awful ways.

So why are animals more important than humans?

2 people have thanked this post
krudler Registered User

cos humans sign up for it and are paid to do stunts. did PETA think that horse really had its head chopped off? morons. I remember them complaining about the horses in Braveheart as well, which were rubber ones on a track to make them flip over when speared. suppose its the best compliment the special effects guys can get if hippies think their work is realistic looking.

The King of Moo Registered User

It's funny, I was just reading about this recently.

In the 1939 film Jesse James, a horse was blindfolded and ridden over a cliff to its death (I guess the rider jumped off first!).

The American Humane Association understandably kicked up a fuss and since then they've had that disclaimer.

So maybe if someone did something similar to Robert Pattinson or some such heartthrob (not that I'm advocating that...not really) Amnesty International might do something similar for humans.

1 person has thanked this post
OldGoat Registered User

You ARE an animal.

3 people have thanked this post
D1stant Registered User

If no animals were harmed during the production does that mean their canteen was vegetarian?

Mr. Incognito Registered User

Animals are pretty and taste good.

People are smelly and taste awful.

Too many poeple. Not enough animals.

Kill people.

Eat animals.

I'm sure if ya look hard enough you'll find some group complaining about any particular thing.

Violence in movies should have a good few groups harping about it.

Temptamperu said:

Cause humans are assholes and watching them die is entertaining.

2 people have thanked this post
BaZmO* Registered User

Temptamperu said:
But my ponderence of this is why does it not say no humans were harmed are we not as important as animals? Why dont we get a special mention at the end credits.

Because humans have free choice, and get paid handsomely for their efforts.

Temptamperu said:

They're not, but in a civilised society it is generally deemed unacceptable to treat animals cruelly in the name of entertainment. In fairness though, I thought that would've been obvious.

OldGoat said:
You ARE an animal.

Speak for yourself, Mr. Goat.

SEPT 23 1989 Registered User

What a about those bulls who went over the cliff in The Field?

Were they alive or fired out of a large canon?

SEPT 23 1989 said:
What a about those bulls who went over the cliff in The Field?

Were they alive or fired out of a large canon?

They were actually stunt-men in costume.

The King of Moo said:
It's funny, I was just reading about this recently.

In the 1939 film Jesse James, a horse was blindfolded and ridden over a cliff to its death (I guess the rider jumped off first!).

The American Humane Association kicked up a fuss and since then they've had that disclaimer.

So maybe if someone did something similar to Robert Pattinson or some such heartthrob
(not that I'm advocating that...not really) Amnesty International might do something similar for humans.

Good god I hope they do

The King of Moo Registered User

Fishooks12 said:
Good god I hope they do

I'd say there'd be plenty of volunteers to ride him.

The cliff part might be more problematic though.

danniemcq Registered User

if they ran cows off a cliff into a big meat grinder i'd be happy enough.

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!