Furious-Red Moderator
#226

jakestully said:
Whats the difference between a concert at croke park and a concert at some other stadium?

Ive heard many saying its terrible sound and so on but is it really a big difference compared to wembley for example?


It is pretty much impossible to have a good sound everywhere when doing an Outdoor venue , either stadium or field etc . The wind can change the sound within seconds

green day rule Registered User
#227

what time do you say will be alright to que up at to get in the pit ? ?

jakestully Registered User
#228

Furious-Red said:
It is pretty much impossible to have a good sound everywhere when doing an Outdoor venue , either stadium or field etc . The wind can change the sound within seconds


yeah I mean the weather can "destroy" ANYWHERE,
but I don't understand what some other people meant when saying that croke park is a terrible venue for gigs. It must be pretty much the same as any other stadium, right?

karaokeman Registered User
#229

jakestully said:
yeah I mean the weather can "destroy" ANYWHERE,
but I don't understand what some other people meant when saying that croke park is a terrible venue for gigs. It must be pretty much the same as any other stadium, right?


Croke Park is the most hated venue in Ireland for gigs it seems.

Yes in general the sound is poor at most outdoor venues but Croker gets the most slate for some reason.

Its the same with anywhere else even Slane which everyone loves.

Least the Chilis are suited to outdoor venues, I do not want a repeat of that time they played a bar in Springfield.

Oasis_Dublin Registered User
#230

I assume it's to do with the fact that Croke Park is larger than your traditional garrison game (!) stadiums and the fact that one of it's sides is open must make the sound travel around the stadium a bit differently to other venues. If you are at the front, it shouldn't make a huge amount of difference.

jakestully Registered User
#231

karaokeman said:
Croke Park is the most hated venue in Ireland for gigs it seems.

Yes in general the sound is poor at most outdoor venues but Croker gets the most slate for some reason.

Its the same with anywhere else even Slane which everyone loves.

Least the Chilis are suited to outdoor venues, I do not want a repeat of that time they played a bar in Springfield.



in Globen in stockholm the sound was awful, atleast where I sat. you could barely hear what song was played. If it's just better than it was that night I'm happy, and I'm pretty sure it will be

aka accounts 2010 Registered User
#232

Must say I'm shocked at the poor selling performance for this.

I went onto ticketmaster this morning to see what the best seats available are and I could get a seat in the lower Cusack stand block 306 row M.

I expected sales over Christmas to have improved the situation but it doesn't seem to have had much impact.

Unless we see big sales in the coming months, you could be looking at an entire empty top tier of Croke Park or at best half full if the current trend continues!!!!

I was at the O2 gig in November and it was on of the best I've been to in the past ten years. However, with 6 gigs in Phoenix Park plus EP and T in the Park, I've decided to give the Croke Park show a miss although I'd love to go!!!!

1 person has thanked this post
karaokeman Registered User
#233

I wonder if MCD will announce another big support act to boost ticket sales even more?

Maybe we could still get Nickelback seen as how standing tickets are sold out and they are a band most people wouldn't mind sitting down to.

jakestully Registered User
#234

karaokeman said:
I wonder if MCD will announce another big support act to boost ticket sales even more?

Maybe we could still get Nickelback seen as how standing tickets are sold out and they are a band most people wouldn't mind sitting down to.


Would be awesome with another support act!

I hope MCD will do everything they can to fill it. (which probably means another band if sales is going bad).

Furious-Red Moderator
#235

Nickelback would be to big to be 2nd support after Noel and they would cost a pretty penny

threein99 Registered User
#236

karaokeman said:
I wonder if MCD will announce another big support act to boost ticket sales even more?

Maybe we could still get Nickelback seen as how standing tickets are sold out and they are a band most people wouldn't mind sitting down to.


Id demand a full refund if they were added

1 person has thanked this post
EyesClosed Registered User
#237

threein99 said:
Id demand a full refund if they were added


I can't see another big band being added, I could see a smaller kinda unknown band playing, as the gates are at 6, which is early for just one support band

karaokeman Registered User
#238

Lower tier tickets still available for anyone interested.

Deeluu Registered User
#239

Nickleback have no place on a bill with NG and RHCP. That would be gig suicide.

1 person has thanked this post
rubadub Registered User
#240

Deeluu said:
Nickleback have no place on a bill with NG and RHCP. That would be gig suicide.


I have seen much odder mixes. In slane paul oakenfold & iggy pop supporting madonna, prodigy supported oasis. moby supporting bryan adams

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!