cityhunter Registered User

Warning, very graphic video of a child being run down by a car.

At about 5:20pm a 2 year 2 month old girl was walking on the street when a white van had hit her and had trapped her beneath the car. The driver did not seem to know what had happened and continued to accelerate further crushing the little girl even more."
"The first guy that walked nearby just ignored the girl on the floor and pretended that nothing happened, subsequently everyone else ignored her too."
"Moments later another driver who also seems to not have seen the girl drives over her, further injuring her. After 5 minutes since she first got hit, everybody that walked past did not give a second glance at the girl and just pretended nothing happened and continued to walk past"
"6 minutes have past since she has been hit, a working garbage women who is good of heart sees the child lying on the floor and knew something was wrong, the garbage woman walked over to lift the child to the side of the road but by then the girl has already lost conscious. The garbage woman then went off to call for help. After the mother heard of the news she ran over to help."
"Not even 3 years old. The girl "Yu Yute" (Don't know how to translate her name but you would hear it in the video) is fighting for her life in the critical ward. She is currently in a coma and doctors are unsure if she will survive, if anyone that was around that area at the time please contact the authorities with any information that could help with the investigation"
"In those 6 or so minutes, 19 people had walked passed and had not giving any attention to Yu Yute. Only 1 garbage woman had the heart to help her. Yu Yute's dad said the second car is already being investigated by the police however the first car's number had too much glare to be identified and is currently investigating other ways to track them down"
"Now the parents only have 2 wishes, one that the girl survives and wakes up. The second to capture the first driver who ran the girl over, nothing else matters right now."
*Father then begs on television for help for anyone with information to come forward.

Lord Trollington Registered User

That is quite unbelievable and has to be a fake.

4 people have thanked this post
Caco Registered User

I saw that earlier today, absolutely sickening how everyone just looked at her and then continued about their business, what the fúck is wrong with them!

1 person has thanked this post
Hobbes Registered User

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genovese_syndrome

I've been in a similar situation. People will do nothing until either one person does, or the person in the event singles out a person directly to intervene.

11 people have thanked this post
punchdrunk Registered User

I can't believe that it's real

2 people have thanked this post
Chairman Meow Registered User

Lord Trollington said:

It is quite real apparently.

In China, this kind of situation is referred to as the 'Peng Yu' effect. Before you condemn then, you have to understand their situation. The law right now in China means that many victims of traffic accidents, or people who have fallen ill in the street have actually successfully sued the people that helped them for sums of money that could easily destroy lives, even if there is no evidence that they are the ones that caused the accident (because they were not). There is a China Daily article on this topic.

In a country that executes more than any other, I wonder how willing you would be to potentially implicate yourself in a crime by helping a stranger. Yes, its very sad. But I, for one, find it hard to blame them in this situation. The law needs to change before people can become less suspicious.

Translation from the cantonese commentary

After the 2 year old girl was run over by the first van, it took a full 6 minutes before a rubbish collector lady stopped to check if she was ok. By then the girl who had been rolling around in pain had already become completely motionless and non-responsive. The rubbish collector lady dragged her over to the side of the road. Her mother, after hearing the commotion, rushed over and picked her up. The girl is currently in critical condition. Her parents say that the only thing that matters now is that their little girl recovers. The 2nd driver who rolled over her legs has already been arrested, but the license plates of the 1st van was obscured by light reflection and cannot be identified. Police are appealing for witnesses to come forward.

zie Registered User

Is nobody else wondering why her mother didn't even notice her daughter was gone until she heard the commotion? This is a two year old girl, I mean it's not like you'd expect her to be ok wandering around by herself.

18 people have thanked this post
littleredspot Registered User

That's truly shocking.

OP/ mods any chance of adding a warning to the video, its very graphic/disturbing

2 people have thanked this post
Yakult Moderator

That is one stupid ****ing law.

I've seen some ****ty videos in my time, but this has to be up there with the worst, for obvious reasons. Poor child.

7 people have thanked this post
Napper Hawkins Registered User

Lord Trollington said:

Why would it be unbelievable? It's China.

That's really fcuking brutal though. Even if she survives she'll probably be messed up for life now.

Wibbs Wibbed for your pleasure

The BBC reports she died "The child, Yue Yue, was taken to hospital for emergency surgery but pronounced brain dead on Sunday, the China Daily reported". Well brain dead anyway poor mite.

As a couple of Chinese people have said on their forums, the country(which hasn't had the greatest regard for human life for a good while) is getting worse in some areas. This is a country where the one child policy carries out forceed abortions on women* near or actually at full term. Newborn infanticide basically, with government and locals tacit approval.

*usually rural women. They dont have much of a voice.

7 people have thanked this post
BluesBerry Registered User

Thats so disturbing It has really upset me watching that

SEPT 23 1989 Registered User

I am not watching that

bradlente Registered User

SEPT 23 1989 said:
I am not watching that

I don't have a youtube account,Kinda glad.Poor little mite.

Big Nasty Registered User

I don't give a fcuk what there culture is - that's fcuking disgusting!

EDIT: although there is a very interesting vid in the links on the side. ( . Y . )

5 people have thanked this post

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!