TechnoFreek Registered User
#5,596

Might be of interest to some.

40ft container full of candy from Japan on their way to the UK. Taking reservations!

https://forum.arcadeotaku.com/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=38682

3 people have thanked this post
CathalDublin Registered User
#5,597

TechnoFreek said:
Might be of interest to some.

40ft container full of candy from Japan on their way to the UK. Taking reservations!

https://forum.arcadeotaku.com/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=38682

£850 is a good price for an egret2, all reserved now though

o1s1n Registered User
#5,598

Not sure if anyone has seen these, but I was browsing a random display hardware board yesterday and saw a couple of photos of those Neo Geo tables that look like copying machines. Last time I read about them there were only photos of the fliers (and they were drawings at that) - people assumed they were never actually manufactured. Looks like they were!

Also found this

5 people have thanked this post
CiDeRmAn Category Moderator
#5,599

Playing a few rounds on Kerbdogs converted Dinoking cab this evening.
They are still a marvel.
Tried out the Pandora 6 box on one, nice for the money, catalogue is odd though, just kinda jumbled in not by system or year but by genre.
Also no way to curate and produce a custom list either.
Otherwise it played the likes of Progear and In the Hunt with no slowdown, so scoring ahead of an RPi3 there!

CathalDublin Registered User
#5,600

o1s1n said:
Not sure if anyone has seen these, but I was browsing a random display hardware board yesterday and saw a couple of photos of those Neo Geo tables that look like copying machines. Last time I read about them there were only photos of the fliers (and they were drawings at that) - people assumed they were never actually manufactured. Looks like they were!

Also found this

Nice laundrette with photocopy option while you wait

o1s1n Registered User
#5,601

Just looking through some of my older photobucket photos, check out some of the mad crap I used to do.

Jamma PCB to supergun to scaler to slg3000 to get scanlines on an LCD monitor in a table.

Also...feck I miss my Aero

And at one point, apparently I had an Arcade Otaku ashtray?? haven't seen that in years!

9 people have thanked this post
o1s1n Registered User
#5,602

Last week I decided to try something I've been meaning to do for ages, to remove the protective film over both the blue lines with 'candy' chromed onto then running up each side of the SNK Cab.

The cab is minty but the film has seen better days, had a lot of scratches and knocks.

Started off low enough and it's all coming off in one piece, going to be easy pasy!

I try to do the same at the top part where it says candy...

Nope! Absolute mess. Apparently 30+ year old protective film is not be messed with. Wherever the chrome hits the blue the plastic cover snaps immediately. Couldnt get it to remove at all, disaster!

To make it even more frustrating, you can see how mint and fresh the chrome is under the label. I thought those lines running down the letters were scratches the whole way through, but they're not at all, it was just on the film.

No idea what to do, I decide to try and buy some Goo Gone. I've been reading the Yanks going on about it for over a decade when it comes to getting labels and gunk off carts, so had to be worth a shot.

To say the stuff works is an understatement. It's absolutely amazing. It still took me an age to scrape off over each letter, but the key thing being - the film was actually coming off! Check out the difference between the letters 'CA' that have the film removed with the rest where the film still hasn't come off.

Took me an hour to do each side. Pic doesn't really show it off, but the chrome and blue strips now don't have a single blemish. The chrome is incredibly reflective.

Actually used the Goo Gone on the control panel too and it gave it a nice shine.

So yeah, Goo Gone, should have imported some years ago.

7 people have thanked this post
#5,603

My 2p6b loom arrived in work this morning,
At last my cab should be fully wired and ready to go this evening, we shall see.
It'll be Robotron until the early morning light!

I have to drop ducklings off to my brother-in-law's apartment first though....

4 people have thanked this post
Jack burton Registered User
#5,604

I've seen tons of Americans on youtube go on about googone and how amazing it is.

1 person has thanked this post
o1s1n Registered User
#5,605

CiDeRmAn said:
My 2p6b loom arrived in work this morning,
At last my cab should be fully wired and ready to go this evening, we shall see.
It'll be Robotron until the early morning light!

I have to drop ducklings off to my brother-in-law's apartment first though....

Nice! That's a long time coming. Any idea if a kick harness runs through that molex connector or would you have to wire those buttons separately?

Jack burton said:
I've seen tons of Americans on youtube go on about googone and how amazing it is.

I can't get over how good it is. The chrome on my control panel has never been so shiny too. You can see yourself in all of the surfaces like a mirror. Before they were reflective, but it was blurry and distorted.

It's apparently just citrus so doesn't have any harmful or corrosive chemicals in it. Smells lovely

#5,606

o1s1n said:
Nice! That's a long time coming. Any idea if a kick harness runs through that molex connector or would you have to wire those buttons separately?

Don't quite know, I think it all runs through the connector.
We shall see later on!

#5,607

In my Atomiswave I had to pick up buttons 4 and 5 from the jamma edge. 6 is in a separate connector nearby.

o1s1n Registered User
#5,608

Interesting, where on the jamma edge did you take buttons 4&5? I thought jamma only supported 4 buttons? (Usually you'd be using a kick harness for the extra ones that would go straight to the PCB)

#5,609

I'll have to check but the Atomiswave has buttons 4 and 5 on unused pins.
25 and 26 from memory.

I'll send a pic of my setup later.

You're right though, for the likes of street fighter and mortal kombat only send buttons 1-3 on the jamma edge.
The Atomiswave additionally send buttons 4-6 through that big molex on cideys new two player harness.
buttons 4 and 5 are picked up on the jamma edge and the kck harness connects to this and the game pcb in question. SImiliar for button 6 but it appears in a different connector

#5,610

Actually found a pic of my setup.

On the left of the jamma fingerboard you'll see red, green, orange and grey wires. they are buttons 4 and 5 for player 1 and 2. The white wires are ground. Over on the right you see the blue and black wire. That's getting button 6 for player 1 and 2.
All those wires meet in the molex connector in the bottom left. This is a custom solution kick harness.

If need a kick harness I get the kick harness required for the board, leave the pcb end alone, lop off the other end and replace with a molex connector that fits that the one in the pic.

Make sense?!!

2 people have thanked this post

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!