MrVestek Registered User
#5,566

KeRbDoG said:
Efficient lot in work, already gone for recycling :/

It was in my collection of 'junk' which I brought to work to take advantage of the WEEE recycling bin.

Ahh that's a shame, thanks anyway! Could have built a nice consolised system out of that with Pi Netboot.

Ahh well! :-)

Thanks anyway.

Stoner Moderator
#5,567

o1s1n
That's me assuming it's the heater because it's the only thing in that part of the room BTW, there might be something else in the structure of the building, in the walls that I can't see which is radiating magnetic death rays

Would expect the heater to be an electric field.

Have you got a meter to measure it.

I could dig a couple out.

bipedal Registered User
#5,568

o1s1n said:
I'm thinking more the electromagnetic field around the storage heater. It's impacting a CRT when placed too close to it.

It's not instant, so the magnetism isn't insanely strong, but you can see it drawing the colour purity out of the monitor on the edges over time. Would just get progressively worse if left like that.

I've it far enough away anyway now so it doesn't impact it anymore.

That's me assuming it's the heater because it's the only thing in that part of the room BTW, there might be something else in the structure of the building, in the walls that I can't see which is radiating magnetic death rays

If you wrap the CRT on all sides with foil, you should be in good shape. If you put the shinier side out, you'll even get to use it as a mirror.

2 people have thanked this post
o1s1n Registered User
#5,569

Thought I'd open up the SNK cab this evening and have a bit of a mess around with the pots. Haven't really gone near the monitor since I first bought it due to there being no easily accessible remote board. Managed to get the colours popping a bit better.

Did have a bit of 'wtf?!' though. When I took the back access panel off, the chassis was completely sideways. It was after dislodging from the mounting bracket holding it in place and falling between at an angle. Luckily the way it fell saved it and it had been held in place.

Must have happened when we carried the cabinet up a few months back. I hadn't noticed it at all. Luckily nothing shorted!

8 people have thanked this post
eddhorse Registered User
#5,570

o1s1n said:
Thought I'd open up the SNK cab this evening and have a bit of a mess around with the pots. Haven't really gone near the monitor since I first bought it due to there being no easily accessible remote board. Managed to get the colours popping a bit better.

Did have a bit of 'wtf?!' though. When I took the back access panel off, the chassis was completely sideways. It was after dislodging from the mounting bracket holding it in place and falling between at an angle. Luckily the way it fell saved it and it had been held in place.

Must have happened when we carried the cabinet up a few months back. I hadn't noticed it at all. Luckily nothing shorted!

Yikes you were lucky , any pics?

Inviere Registered User
#5,571

eddhorse said:
Yikes you were lucky

It’s how he rolls. My seismograph showed a blip the other day, I just put it down to o1s1n doing something retro related. Turns out the dates correlate.

3 people have thanked this post
o1s1n Registered User
#5,572

eddhorse said:
Yikes you were lucky , any pics?

I got such a fright I immediately turned the cab off and fixed it. There's nothing quite like seeing a cab running with the chassis hanging off to make the adrenaline kick in

Inviere said:
It’s how he rolls. My seismograph showed a blip the other day, I just put it down to o1s1n doing something retro related. Turns out the dates correlate.

Haha! sure what would this place be without me almost destroying an expensive piece of tech every now and again?

1 person has thanked this post
CiDeRmAn Category Moderator
#5,573

They are ultimately going to be removing your remains from the walls and ceiling with a paint scraper, you know that don't you?
On a brighter note, it'll be quick.

TechnoFreek Registered User
#5,574

Got the NaomiPi web up and running. A really great solution and relatively cheap too. Assuming you've already got the Naomi setup already that is.

Need to figure out the Relay bit still

My atomiswave supports 31kz. Some of the games look great even still.

Virtua Tennis (or Power Smash as my bios is Jap!) is still a quality looking game and my kids are hooked!

6 people have thanked this post
TechnoFreek Registered User
#5,575

A member over on ukvac is restoring an outrun deluxe cab.

Looking like it will be a great job when finished

http://www.ukvac.com/forum/outrun-deluxe-turbo-deconversion-restoration_topic364570_page1.html

fmul9798 Registered User
#5,576

That is a serious task to take on, though in many respects due to the size and space commitment more than anything else. It should be an amazing finish based on the attention to detail so far.

TechnoFreek said:
A member over on ukvac is restoring an outrun deluxe cab.

Looking like it will be a great job when finished

http://www.ukvac.com/forum/outrun-deluxe-turbo-deconversion-restoration_topic364570_page1.html

2 people have thanked this post
CiDeRmAn Category Moderator
#5,577

There is still a Sega Rally dual sit down in a local GAA club function room.
It would be too awesome to ever hope to own it, because of the almost certain repair it requires, a bit because I have no where to put it, but mostly because I'd be shot.

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!