geotrig Registered User
#5,326

Steve X2 said:
I usually pay 300-500 euro for a pallet/container section from Japan. Thats not a full container, just a section of a shared 20ft-40ft container.

yeah thats groupage , a container spreads the cost fairly well but outside of some one being able to take the cab in the 1st place it might be a non runner and as said some carriers might insist on it being packaged in a certain way.
Also i have in my head it could be hard to make the actual payment as well...

if it was easy or cheap we would see people bringing in individual cabs all over europe in bigger numbers

o1s1n Registered User
#5,327

Finally got off my lazy arse and put a new starter in the SNK lightbox, forgot I had that sexy pink tinge bulb in there

Need to dig out the marquee holder for the Pony too and get some artwork into them.

8 people have thanked this post
Kidchameleon Registered User
#5,328

Has anyone ever purchased a cab from the UK? If so how much was the shipping?

geotrig Registered User
#5,329

Kidchameleon said:
Has anyone ever purchased a cab from the UK? If so how much was the shipping?

Brought a good few in over the years and it's never been the same ,it ranged from 80 to near 200 ,depending on location ,loading facilities etc ,man with a van if doable is normally the best.

1 person has thanked this post
Kidchameleon Registered User
#5,330

geotrig said:
Brought a good few in over the years and it's never been the same ,it ranged from 80 to near 200 ,depending on location ,loading facilities etc ,man with a van if doable is normally the best.

Thanks. I was thinking of hiring a van when the machine im after comes up. Ive been stalking Jamma+ forums for the last few months. Is there any other sources of machines in the uk that you know of?

Jack burton Registered User
#5,331

I rang my local delivery company that was part of The Pallet Network. Shipped a pinball to the UK for about €100 if I remember.

I'd say Jamma+ and UKVAC are the heat sources for cabs

1 person has thanked this post
o1s1n Registered User
#5,332

I only just realised you can save soft dip settings with the 111 in 1 MVS multi board - I've been playing games on the default settings, so no blood and the hardest, level 8 difficulty.

If you open a game, make changes on the soft dip, let the game run and then do a soft reset by holding the 1 player button for 5 seconds, it actually saves the settings to the MVS cart's backup RAM.

Can't believe I didn't know that.

4 people have thanked this post
CiDeRmAn Category Moderator
#5,333

I miss my NeoGeo mobo and GNet mobo

BGOllie Moderator
#5,334

moved here since I posted it in the wrong topic

might as well share the progress of the restoration here : )
Giving the Pacman cabaret cab a quick inspection and looking at how much work is needed (a lot!! but I knew that and it's all part of the fun) :

6 people have thanked this post
K.O.Kiki Registered User
#5,335

I need some vinyl dye to fix some yellowed plastic, anyone know who stocks it? (Halfords?)

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!