maggiemissy said:
hi everyone, am thinking of giving this a go, completed the dublin on monday, was injured and it didn't go to plan but finished in 4.38. What sort of course is Berlin, have read that its predominately flat, would like to aim for a sub 4 in my next, so it might suit.

They set a new world record on the course almost every year. If the weather is right, you won't get much faster.

Note to self....

Book flights

Book Hotel

Pronator Registered User

Nearly 30,000 entries in, in a matter of 2/3 weeks. This event must be good. Anyone planning on doing it should register asap

Myself and Pre in and hotel booked

happygoose Registered User

What's capacity 45,000? Hoping to book later in the week.

Pronator Registered User

pre Registered User

Pronator said:

Over 200 irish registered i heard. Be some after party

EauRouge79 Registered User

Im in.
Just registered because the rest of you pressured me into it!

For those of you who are interested, there are less than 1000 spaces left for this according to their Facebook page.

Berlin is full.

http://www.bmw-berlin-marathon.com/en/news-and-media/news/2011/12/09/40000-entries-sold-out-bmw-berlin-marathon-2012-has-closed-registration.html

As early as never before the BMW BERLIN MARATHON is sold out. Registration for next year´s event (September 30th, 2012) closed Thursday, December 8th, almost nine months ahead. The field is limited to 40,000 participants. The last 1,000 entries were connected with a charitable donation for projects helping children (42,195 euros). There are a few entries left in connection with travel arrangements at classified travel agents (see www.bmw-berlin-marathon.com/en/service/tour-operators.html).

Registration had started October 20th. Last time the BMW BERLIN MARATHON was sold out seven months in advance. The BMW BERLIN MARATHON for inline skaters (Saturday, September 29th, 2012) is still open for registration.

eliwallach Registered User

G-Money said:
Berlin is full.

Good!

Just booked flights for this one.

Aer Lingus are having a Summer sale at the minute - you have to book by tomorrow, 9th of March.

Saved €25 which will cover some of the post-race beers

tHE vAGGABOND Moderator

Good reminder, must sort flights out

EauRouge79 Registered User

dev123 said:
Just booked flights for this one.

Aer Lingus are having a Summer sale at the minute - you have to book by tomorrow, 9th of March.

Saved €25 which will cover some of the post-race beers

Thanks for the heads up, I have the hotel sorted and will do the flights tomorrow.
Funny thing is I never feel like a beer the evening after the race, wish I did. I must not be properly Irish.
If there are a number of people going over for this, is there normally some kind of get together organised?

Pronator Registered User

EauRouge79 said:
Thanks for the heads up, I have the hotel sorted and will do the flights tomorrow.
Funny thing is I never feel like a beer the evening after the race, wish I did. I must not be properly Irish.
If there are a number of people going over for this, is there normally some kind of get together organised?

I never feel like a beer afterwards either but I'll hope to be up for a few that evening. 3 of us racing/travelling so name the location and we will be there

EauRouge79 said:

Closer to the time the on-line discussions will move away from the less important race-realted topics such as gel strategies, near-fatal niggles and taper fever to more important topics such as post-race beers.

IIRC, there was a pub nominated last year to suit most people location wise and I presume the same will happen this year.

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!