#1

Hi

Are PC World stocking cases for the newly released (non touch) Kindle?

Specifically, any in the Naas branch?

Thanks

#2

ToadVine said:
Hi

Are PC World stocking cases for the newly released (non touch) Kindle?

Specifically, any in the Naas branch?

Thanks

We'll always stock the cases. Trouble is that the product itself hasn't reached Naas yet, that should happen next week. I'll get a status on when the cases are due and let you know

1 person has thanked this post
emo72 Registered User
#3

and why are they so expensive? amazons pricing, 79 dollars for machine and about 40 dollars for a cover. really? how? they are massively overpriced and i wanted to buy one but i dont wanna feel mega ripped off. this is rant at amazon not currys,

#4

emo72 said:
and why are they so expensive? amazons pricing, 79 dollars for machine and about 40 dollars for a cover. really? how? they are massively overpriced and i wanted to buy one but i dont wanna feel mega ripped off. this is rant at amazon not currys,

Fair point. What you tend to find in this business is that the hardware gets overly subsidized and the cost of doing that needs to be recovered somewhere. The total package is pretty decent value for what it does but the comparison of one prduct versus the other does look a bit bonkers to a rational consumer. You see the same thing in the cost of a printer versus the cost of ink, although the margins on ink aren't that high relatively.

1 person has thanked this post
silvine Registered User
#5

Hi Declan,

i was in PC World/Currys in Liffey Valley on Sat and they only had 3g Kindle keyboard. When will you guys have the new kindles in stock again? I also live near the Naas store...

#6

silvine said:
Hi Declan,

i was in PC World/Currys in Liffey Valley on Sat and they only had 3g Kindle keyboard. When will you guys have the new kindles in stock again? I also live near the Naas store...

In theory, the product should be rolling out to all stores this week. Probably best to check in befpre the weekend or I'll update myself if I remember

#7

Declan any of these cases in Jervis st?

#8

ToadVine said:
Declan any of these cases in Jervis st?

Not yet alas. Coordination not brilliant on this one. My man in accessories is with the buyers tomorrow and he said he can update me better after that.

#9

Declan bud ... any news on case availability in either Naas or Jervis st?

#10

ToadVine said:
Declan bud ... any news on case availability in either Naas or Jervis st?

Do you have a link to one of these? I'm not sure exacly what I'm looking for ! If I see them on currys.co.uk I'll have a product code and can look for that by store

#11

This one ... Link 1

Or this one ... Link 2

Or any of these ... Link 3

#12

ToadVine said:
This one ... Link 1

Or this one ... Link 2

Or any of these ... Link 3

http://www.pcworld.ie/Product/MEDGE-Trip-Jacket-for-Kindle-EReader-Navy-Blue/304343/2.10

http://www.pcworld.ie/Product/MEDGE-Trip-Jacket-for-Kindle-EReader-Black/304346/2.10

http://www.pcworld.ie/Product/LOGIK-LKINCS11-Kindle-2-Case-Black/307224/2.10

The above look about it for the moment. All fine in themselves but not what I think you're looking for. Is this an imminent purchase ?

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!