That's some work put into that in fairness.I don't have HP touchpad but I'd imagine whoever does will be happy about this.

zarquon Registered User

Just installed and testing now. So far very stable. Excellent for an alpha release, far superior to webos

2 people have thanked this post
Sniipe Registered User

zarquon said:
Just installed and testing now. So far very stable. Excellent for an alpha release, far superior to webos

Well done. How long did it take you and do you know how easy it might be to upgrade from alpha to newer versions? Its duel boot I assume?

opus Registered User

Sniipe said:
Well done. How long did it take you and do you know how easy it might be to upgrade from alpha to newer versions? Its duel boot I assume?

Yup it's dual boot, all very straight forward, just follow the instructions here. Only small issue is that not all apps show up in the market so had to install them manually.

BuzzFish Registered User

I'm well impressed how stable this is for an alpha build. There is a fair list of issues however but the only one that's a real inconvenience so far is that WiFi drops intermittently and does not reconnect without turning WIFI off and on.

WebOS dual boot is easy which is great.

Kenny Logins Registered User

Using it since last night here too. No issues so far, bar the 'incompatible' apps in the market. Will use for the weekend and report back, but very happy so far.

zarquon Registered User

Sniipe said:

About 15 mins all in so pretty quick. It will be very easy to upgrade to newer version as the low level work is done on the initial install. For upgrades it will simply be a case of installing an update zip file via clockworkmod recovery.

1 person has thanked this post
zarquon Registered User

opus said:
Only small issue is that not all apps show up in the market so had to install them manually.

There's a fix for this now that can be installed via CWM:

http://www.multiupload.com/5MKAKAKUM6

jimmycrackcorm Registered User

Tempted to put it on my Touchpad. I'm unsure of the disadvantages?

Inquitus Registered User

jimmycrackcorm said:
Tempted to put it on my Touchpad. I'm unsure of the disadvantages?

I have installed it, no disadvantages of note as you can always boot into webOS instead of Android if the fewminor bugs irritate.

Keith186 Registered User

How's the Touchpad in general?

I tried to get one to no avail but I might fork out for one on ebay soon if a stable android is going to be a certainty.

I believe the screen is supposed to be pretty decent as is the speakers, is this the case?

zarquon Registered User

Keith186 said:
How's the Touchpad in general?

I tried to get one to no avail but I might fork out for one on ebay soon if a stable android is going to be a certainty.

I believe the screen is supposed to be pretty decent as is the speakers, is this the case?

Not worth getting one at the moment until cynogenmod is at least at RC stage. Might be worth grabbing one when they have ICS on the touchpad but that will be a few months away.

Sniipe Registered User

What are ppl doing with their alpha builds? I have it installed... but done nothing since, except post this.

partyatmygaff Registered User

Sniipe said:
What are ppl doing with their alpha builds? I have it installed... but done nothing since, except post this.

Use it? What else are you meant to do with an Android tablet?

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!