Brianderunner Registered User

ecoli said:
Anyone have a link to live split updates?

Or how any of the irish are getting on?

The lead woman just passed a very white irish looking guy, 2'12 at 40k, not sure if thats any help

Brianderunner said:
The lead woman just passed a very white irish looking guy, 2'12 at 40k, not sure if thats any help

Ha thanks I have the stream alright but unfortunately around the 2.12-2.18 mark the had an interview with some dude so not getting any updates on whether Connolly has come in yet. Thought Gold standard races had to provide live split updates?????

BeepBeep67 Registered User

DNF for me felt grand to 10 and started getting bad stomach cramps, tried to run it off still went through halfway in 1:29:30ish tried another gel but only felt worse. Bailed at 16.73 in 1:54 - 6:50 pace and high tailed to the nearest toilet. Back at the hotle feeling sorry for myself but will get over it.

2 people have thanked this post

BeepBeep67 said:
DNF for me felt grand to 10 and started getting bad stomach cramps, tried to run it off still went through halfway in 1:29:30ish tried another gel but only felt worse. Bailed at 16.73 in 1:54 - 6:50 pace and high tailed to the nearest toilet. Back at the hotle feeling sorry for myself but will get over it.

Sorry to hear Dom. I am sure you will regroup from this blip and come back stronger

1 person has thanked this post
ultrapercy Registered User

Gary T Sean C and Sergio all narrowly missed out finnishing close togeter in 2.16+

7 people have thanked this post
Krusty_Clown Registered User

BeepBeep67 said:

Awful news Dom, but if you bailed out early, there's still the chance you could use the training to run again soon, if the interest is there. Could be alot of us down in Cork this year.

Got reports that Catriona Jennings was on a standard pace with mile to go anyone know if she got it?

liamo123 Registered User

Unofficial result for Catriona Jennings : 2.36.15 ....

text from course so very unofficial.....

8 people have thanked this post

liamo123 said:
Unofficial result for Catriona Jennings : 2.36.15 ....

Brilliant stuff. I'll be honest heard she was going well but didn't expect that. Interesting what will have regards selection for London now.

Sosa Registered User

BeepBeep67 said:

Sorry to hear that beepbeep...

liamo123 Registered User

Caitriona now : 2.36.10..... is that the second fastest female Q time???

liamo123 said:
Caitriona now : 2.36.10..... is that the second fastest female Q time???

Think so but don't think selection will come down to times alone. Different marathon courses will have a major impact on times etc. That's great news for her anyway. Hope she celebrates today and worries about selection criteria tomorrow. Fair fecks to Thornton and Connolly as well, they seemed to have given it a right lash. Regardless Irish marathon running is in a much better position than it has been in the last 10-15 years.

Slogger Jogger Registered User

BeepBeep67 said:

Sorry Dom. Similar story 2 years ago myself. You were sensible with bailing. At the time I carried on and it was a bad decision to do that on the day. You'd have felt a hell of a lot worse if you'd carried on.

Caprica Registered User

Congratulations to Catriona Jennings on getting the qualifying time,a fantastic performance. I wonder when will the selectors make their final decision?

Unlucky for Connolly and Thornton so close to the QT, the standards in Irish marathon running have improved dramatically. What time did Sergei do? Maybe if he got under 2:18, Moldova might send him on the B standard?

Raighne Registered User

Caprica said:
Congratulations to Catriona Jennings on getting the qualifying time,a fantastic performance. I wonder when will the selectors make their final decision?

Unlucky for Connolly and Thornton so close to the QT, the standards in Irish marathon running have improved dramatically. What time did Sergei do? Maybe if he got under 2:18, Moldova might send him on the B standard?

Sergiu did 2:15:25 or thereabouts.

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!