Randy Shafter Registered User
#1

Hey I was wondering if anyone could shed some light on an issue im having with my ps3. I switch it on and the screen is extremely bright, almost cloudy white. I've played around with the colour settings on my telly but that doesn't seem to help. The brightness makes it difficult to see what the text says on the XMB. Any ideas as to how to remedy this would be much appreciated. I'm using the RGB scart connection by the way. Not an HDMI connection.

johny2011 Banned
#2

Randy Shafter said:
Hey I was wondering if anyone could shed some light on an issue im having with my ps3. I switch it on and the screen is extremely bright, almost cloudy white. I've played around with the colour settings on my telly but that doesn't seem to help. The brightness makes it difficult to see what the text says on the XMB. Any ideas as to how to remedy this would be much appreciated. I'm using the RGB scart connection by the way. Not an HDMI connection.



sice when did the ps3 come wit a screen

Darksaga87 Registered User
#3

The resolution must be off. Did ya try changing the settings in the PS settings insted of the TV?

Also if you can, use a HDMI.

Randy Shafter Registered User
#4

Darksaga87 said:
The resolution must be off. Did ya try changing the settings in the PS settings insted of the TV?

Also if you can, use a HDMI.


I've been playing around with the PS settings. Thing is, the screen is so bright that I can hardly make out the text. I tried playing a game ust there and the colours seem 'washed out' if you understand what I mean. They've lost their colour and seem faded.

Randy Shafter Registered User
#5

Quick update. Got it sorted folks. Simply a case of unplugging the telly and ps3. Cheers for the advice.

Darksaga87 Registered User
#6

So you turned it off and now the screen is black? Cured the screen brightness is suppose.

Randy Shafter Registered User
#7

Darksaga87 said:
So you turned it off and now the screen is black? Cured the screen brightness is suppose.


No I unplugged the telly and ps3 at the mains and waited 2/3 minutes. Plugged them back in and the screen colour was back to normal.

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!