StillThinking Registered User
#9,556

Melisandre121
Hia, can anyone tell me if white cabbage is a speed food the same as green? Thanks.

Yep white, green and red cabbage all speed

1 person has thanked this post
Walter H Price Registered User
#9,557

Week 2 S&P done another 4.5lb loss that's 10.5lbs gone in two weeks, my OH is down 9lbs, 3lb the first week and 6lb last night , one more week of it then its off on the stag for 5 days to mess it up completely

4 people have thanked this post
banoffe2 Registered User
#9,558

I am interested in the suggestions that ACV helps with weight loss/metabolism
I have 3 lbs to get to my goal and finding it hard to shift the last few lbs to be honest I didn't have a huge amount to lost 1st 4lbs but it was a lot for me, 2 of my friends tried the ACV in water with lemon and minuka honey added and both lost 3lbs each in the week.
I am both curious and sceptical about trying it as I am wondering would it be on a temporary loss and more importantly what it would do to the intestines

cazzer22 Registered User
#9,559

Hi guys,
Just weighed in this morning and down 1 1/2 pounds. Down 3 stone 3 1/2 pounds overall. Thrilled. I'm hoping to get another 11 1/2 pounds off before July (here's hoping) and be at my target. I am really starting to see the difference in my body as well, like another poster mentioned. I am wearing size 10 clothes for the first time ever. Feeling really positive and am going to have a good bit of chocolate to celebrate Easter as well :-)

5 people have thanked this post
WhiteRoses Registered User
#9,560

Was very disapointed to read blogger Rosemary McCabes opinion piece on slimming world. She basically ripped it to shreds claiming it doesn't work at all and criticised the nutritional aspects of it too.

2 people have thanked this post
Scraggs Registered User
#9,561

WhiteRoses said:
Was very disapointed to read blogger Rosemary McCabes opinion piece on slimming world. She basically ripped it to shreds claiming it doesn't work at all and criticised the nutritional aspects of it too.

Anything she writes/says is to cause "controversy" and get views on her blog. Literally cringe these days any time I see her name.

As far SW not working well it does and all the people on this thread are proof of that!

8 people have thanked this post
Addle Registered User
#9,562

Did the woman ever consider educating herself?

WhiteRoses Registered User
#9,563

Addle said:
Did the woman ever consider educating herself?

She tried the diet herself and lost 9lb in her first week and had smaller losses the subsequent weeks, before giving up on it.. But it 'doesn't work' apparently...

1 person has thanked this post
#9,564

Scraggs said:
Anything she writes/says is to cause "controversy" and get views on her blog. Literally cringe these days any time I see her name.

As far SW not working well it does and all the people on this thread are proof of that!

I feel awfully bitchy even saying this but the method she ultimately used to lose weight hasnt exactly worked for her either. She's definitely put some of the weight back on. Yet the way she talks about that aproach is as if its been perfect.

All of these things, be it SW or training/clean eating, whatever, only work if you actually stick to them.

FizzleSticks Registered User
#9,565

SarahMollie said:
I feel awfully bitchy even saying this but the method she ultimately used to lose weight hasnt exactly worked for her either. She's definitely put some of the weight back on. Yet the way she talks about that aproach is as if its been perfect.

All of these things, be it SW or training/clean eating, whatever, only work if you actually stick to them.

Yeah I wouldn't take notice of her, so SW isn't clean enough for her, sure if she was eating a clean diet she's so fond of, she would be losing weight at a rapid rate without trying.

Reminds me of the attitude some of my friends have towards SW, funny that at the start of the year they were all praising my other friend for going keto and giving her advice and support and not so much to me.

Now, near the end of April I'm still continuing my lifestyle change, lighter, healthier and the keto friend quit after a month.

The best diet is the one you'll stick with for sure.

4 people have thanked this post
Valyawl Registered User
#9,566

I am considering joining SW are the meetings similar to WW IE weigh in ( privately) and then a group chat if you want to stay?
I'm nervous to join but need to do something !

m'lady Registered User
#9,567

Valyawl said:
I am considering joining SW are the meetings similar to WW IE weigh in ( privately) and then a group chat if you want to stay?
I'm nervous to join but need to do something !

Just a quick reply as heading out, but yes you weigh privately and there's a group chat like WW... but better!! It's really a great plan, you won't regret it. I'm at my target 1.5 years after losing 3 stone..

3 people have thanked this post
stryker mcqueen Registered User
#9,568

WhiteRoses said:

Great article in response to her article from fellow blogger and slimming world success story Tracey Quinn ...

http://loveofliving.ie/2017/04/reply-rosemary-mccabes-rant-slimming-world/

Valyawl Registered User
#9,569

Well I joined this evening, very different to WW fingers crossed!

3 people have thanked this post
NetChat101 Registered User
#9,570

Hi, sorry if this has been asked before! Does anyone know if there is a probiotic yogurt that's syn free?

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!