#1

I'm not sure if it's been done on this forum, but these threads seem popular enough and a good way to encourage a sense of community within the walls of our fine gentlemen's club

Generally speaking, we as men aren't great talking about "feelings" or anything that gets more complicated than happy, sad or p¡ssed off but this could work. So maybe give it a shot?

I will kick it off by saying I'm in good form, first 2 days of my new undergrad went without a hitch. Seems like a nice bunch in my class and looking forward to the new challenges that I'll face. Also have 2 businessy meetings during the week, bit nervous about one somewhat but again bit of preparation and should go fine.

7 people have thanked this post
#2

I'm planning on quitting the aul' smokes and today has been day one without them, it's been easy. What have I learned?
Who the hell would smoke when you can have eCigarettes, I bought an eGo XL and it is amazing!
They're strong as hell and tasty. Really don't see why I'd smoke real cigarettes again (though I probably will on a night out)!

And... after two years of laziness with a slightly messed up back, I'm finally back in the gym.
I'm ridiculously in love with squats and deadlifts again, my back is feeling fine too!

2 people have thanked this post
entropi Mark It Zero!!
#3

Currently, I'm bricking it waiting on my results from repeat exams. I actually feel worried about not being able to go back to college I'm usually pretty happy and content, but I have even avoided nights out in the past 2 weeks as it would make me feel worse!

I'll be over the bloody moon if I pass, can sort out a house to live in and my student grant once that happens.

1 person has thanked this post
TeddyTedson Registered User
#4

The problem with these type of threads, where people express something about themselves is that no people listen to what others are say. Everyone just posts something about themselves and take a selfish approach to wanting to talk about themselves.

1 person has thanked this post
entropi Mark It Zero!!
#5

TeddyTedson said:
The problem with these type of threads, where people express something about themselves is that no people listen to what others are say. Everyone just posts something about themselves and take a selfish approach to wanting to talk about themselves.

Moot point. Ever heard of giving a thread time to develop, and let people freely interact as they so choose?

I'm not gonna get going on this, the thread deserves a chance.

#6

Master of Nothing said:
Currently, I'm bricking it waiting on my results from repeat exams. I actually feel worried about not being able to go back to college I'm usually pretty happy and content, but I have even avoided nights out in the past 2 weeks as it would make me feel worse!

I'll be over the bloody moon if I pass, can sort out a house to live in and my student grant once that happens.

In the same boat as yourself, waiting on results from two repeats.

entropi Mark It Zero!!
#7

Wolfe Tone said:
In the same boat as yourself, waiting on results from two repeats.
I wish ya the best of luck man! Its not a nice feeling with all the waiting...two repeats here also.

TeddyTedson Registered User
#8

Master of Nothing said:
Moot point. Ever heard of giving a thread time to develop, and let people freely interact as they so choose?

I'm not gonna get going on this, the thread deserves a chance.

You're probably right.

D'Agger Registered User
#9

Nice idea for the thread imo

Best of luck with the results lads, repeats suck balls, I should know from doing enough of them

I'm in good enough form atm, moved into a very nice new house with my best friends and waiting to hear if I got into a course that I really want to do part time so hopefully I'll get the green light Monday

1 person has thanked this post
#10

TeddyTedson said:
The problem with these type of threads, where people express something about themselves is that no people listen to what others are say. Everyone just posts something about themselves and take a selfish approach to wanting to talk about themselves.


What are you on about?

Im open to correction but I reckon Will started this thread so members can have a mini rant if they want or if something good is happening then they can share,nothing selfish about that.

Anyway,Im in pretty good form myself.My local team are playing in the county final today.The majority of the team Ive known for 15 plus years,went to school with alot of them and regularly socialise with alot of them.We are going in as under dogs which I much prefer but hopefully we will do the business.Im off work til Thursday too so if we win it will be an immense couple of days boozing.

On the work front the job is going really well and my bosses are very happy with me.My team (myself and one other person) have made target for July and August and are well ahead for meeting target for this month too.We are being brought for Fire for dinner and drinks Friday night as a reward by my boss and they are also re-structuring our commission to increase it so all in all,life is pretty damn enjoyable at the moment.

10 people have thanked this post
#11

Master of Nothing said:
Currently, I'm bricking it waiting on my results from repeat exams. I actually feel worried about not being able to go back to college I'm usually pretty happy and content, but I have even avoided nights out in the past 2 weeks as it would make me feel worse!

I'll be over the bloody moon if I pass, can sort out a house to live in and my student grant once that happens.


Wolfe Tone said:
In the same boat as yourself, waiting on results from two repeats.


I'd repeats every year so can empathise. Very nerve racking and stressful. Hope it all goes in your favour!

1 person has thanked this post
entropi Mark It Zero!!
#12

Will said:
I'd repeats every year so can empathise. Very nerve racking and stressful. Hope it all goes in your favour!
Cheers man, appreciate it!

And best of luck with Your own little adventure over the next few years...should be fun hehe

audi a4 2008 Registered User
#13

im in good form lads,last two years were hard on me but i seem to be geting back on track.
im starting kickboxing tomorrow.this time last year i was 15stone 5 im 10stone 1 now and feel good

12 people have thanked this post
#14

Terrible form, seem to have absolutely everything going wrong at the moment.

D'Agger Registered User
#15

jenny111111 said:
Terrible form, seem to have absolutely everything going wrong at the moment.

When it rains it pours, hopefully better times ahead for you

1 person has thanked this post

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!