Shanao Awaiting Email Confirmation

I think I heard quite possibly, the worst name ever for a crossbreed. We've all heard of boxadors, cavachons, cockapoos and all the other crap they've come up with so far. But I am pretty sure that I today heard of one of the worst 'Designer dog' possible.

I give you, the Doodleman Pinscher. Yes, you read that right, Doodleman Pinscher, a mix of a poodle and a dobermann... they are also called Doberdoodles. Seriously, who thought this was a good mix? Is there any breed out there that so far hasn't been crossbred with something and given a stupid nickname?

What's the stupidest crossbreed you've seen/heard of so far?

TooManyDogs Registered User

I keep trying to figure out what a couple of my lot would be....

GSD x spaniel

JRT x springer

The worst designer names I came across were

Jug - JRT x pug

Jack Shih (but pronounced jack shi*) - JRT x shih tzu

What's wrong with having a mutt these days???

scudzilla Registered User

A labradoodle, i mean seriously, WTF

4 people have thanked this post
Groom! Registered User

Someone booked in a "Sprollie" with me today for grooming (SPRINGER/COLLIE)

Seriously.

Am I right in thinking Labradoodles are now a recognised breed by the Kennel Club?

ISDW Closed Account

Groom! said:
Someone booked in a "Sprollie" with me today for grooming (SPRINGER/COLLIE)

Seriously.

Am I right in thinking Labradoodles are now a recognised breed by the Kennel Club?

In fairness, sprollie's have been called that for a long time, before the trend for designer names for crossbreeds came in, I think from the gun dog fraternity, like Droppers.

No, Labradoodles aren't a recognised breed.

1 person has thanked this post
Fieldies Dreams Registered User

Shanao said:
I think I heard quite possibly, the worst name ever for a crossbreed. We've all heard of boxadors, cavachons, cockapoos and all the other crap they've come up with so far. But I am pretty sure that I today heard of one of the worst 'Designer dog' possible.

I give you, the Doodleman Pinscher. Yes, you read that right, Doodleman Pinscher, a mix of a poodle and a dobermann... they are also called Doberdoodles. Seriously, who thought this was a good mix? Is there any breed out there that so far hasn't been crossbred with something and given a stupid nickname?

What's the stupidest crossbreed you've seen/heard of so far?

i crossbread a bull dog with a ****zu and called it a bull****.

TooManyDogs Registered User

ISDW said:
I think from the gun dog fraternity, like Droppers.

What is a dropper???

DMG_49 Closed Account

Bulldog + Shih tzu = Bull shih pronounced bull **** lol

ISDW Closed Account

TooManyDogs said:
What is a dropper???

Setter/pointer cross usually.

Don't know where the name comes from, probably some really simple explanation for it.

DMG_49 Closed Account

Fieldies Dreams said:
i crossbread a bull dog with a ****zu and called it a bull****.

Aghh you beat me to it

Shanao Awaiting Email Confirmation

Never mind, found one even worse. The Ori Pei apparently is a mix between a pug and a shar pei. I was reading about this couple who bought one who were absolutely delighted with him despite the fact that he had to have two surgeries within the first four months of his life and has respiratory and skin problems. I mean really, do people think at all?

DBB Moderator

Sprollies have been called sprollies for as long as I can remember, I'd never associate it as being a designer crossbreed name! I don't think the ubiquitous collie x springer is ever the result of a purposeful mating for cynical profiteering. I thinks it's fair to say that most sprollies are, well, "unplanned".
Droppers are supposedly so-called due to the crouching pose they adopt when they're onto a scent, but I'd stand corrected if anyone knows any different. The classic dropper is, as ISDW says, a setter x pointer, but many people call any mix of 2 gundogs a dropper, rightly or wrongly.
I have a mutt, she most likely had a cocker mammy who had a rosemantic tryst with a shih tsu... In more facetious moments I refer to her as my cockatsu (as in cockatoo) *snigger*

star-pants Closed Account

I've heard of Lhasapoo .... (lhasas and poodles)
Peekapoo (Pekinese and poodle)

Haha, found this link (there is one ad pop up when you go to the page, sorry) 'list of hybrid dogs'

Hellrazer Moderator

I want a Doodleman Pinscher--Thats the best designer name ever.Brilliant.

Cherry Blossom Moderator

ISDW said:
Setter/pointer cross usually.

Don't know where the name comes from, probably some really simple explanation for it.

Well I don't know but my guess would be its not a made up name as such but refers to some desirable characteristic that comes from the cross which is advantageous when working the dog.

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!