Gracelessly Tom Registered User
#1,156

Gracelessly Tom said:
Have gone on the h/c double, Ospreys and Leinster. Also went singles on both and have taken Ospreys over 29.5 and Leinster over 19.5.

Anytime tryscorer bets on Shane Williams and Luke Fitz.

Been on a very good run on recent rugby betting, hope it doesn't end tonight!

A good night's gambling for me, even if it all hinged on a late try. Got 5 out of 7 and made a very healthy profit. Thank you Shane Williams, his injury time try meant 4 of the bets coming in!

1 person has thanked this post
PhatPiggins Registered User
#1,157

duckysauce said:

last minute then he converts it , Great player going to be missed.

Shades of his last minute try for Wales against Australia in the autumn as well. The comentators we're all 'Oooooooh Shane Williams in his last home game for the Ospreys' but aren't they pretty much banker for a home semi now

thomond2006 Registered User
#1,158

PhatPiggins said:
Shades of his last minute try for Wales against Australia in the autumn as well. The comentators we're all 'Oooooooh Shane Williams in his last home game for the Ospreys' but aren't they pretty much banker for a home semi now

I read somewhere that Williams wasn't going to play on till the end of the season, I thought he had already retired.

irishbucsfan Registered User
#1,159

PhatPiggins said:

I read somewhere that Williams wasn't going to play on till the end of the season, I thought he had already retired.

I don't understand... He's going to retire with just a couple of games to go? Surely he'd want his shot at the RDP!12?

#1,160

irishbucsfan said:
I don't understand... He's going to retire with just a couple of games to go? Surely he'd want his shot at the RDP!12?

In January or February he said he was going to play 1 or 2 more games and then retire, "there are young guys coming through who need gametime etc".

#1,161

On the road Crusaders blew away Hurricanes this morning 42 -14 . It was edge of the seat stuff for me and my Crusaders -8 bet.

Just gone with Tom Carter #12 for Waratahs to score a try anytime against the Rebels. Game just started.

its_phil Registered User
#1,162

CatFromHue said:
The only thing that puts me off -10 is that Aironi have a very good record against Connacht.

10/11
Aironi 25 Connacht 13
Connacht 11 Aironi 6

11/12
Aironi 20 Connacht 6

Last years home game, was an incredibly difficult game of rugby with the weather. Never seen so much wind, rain, snow and hailstones in one game. I'd be very surprised if Connacht didnt beat that h'cap tonight.

P_1 Registered User
#1,163

its_phil said:
Last years home game, was an incredibly difficult game of rugby with the weather. Never seen so much wind, rain, snow and hailstones in one game. I'd be very surprised if Connacht didnt beat that h'cap tonight.

19-16 won with a last minute kick, ah well..

1 person has thanked this post
#1,164

.45 cents down on the day! If only Nikora had scored a try and if Scarlets had won by -2 it would have been a different story.

#1,165

Judgement Day said:
Mixed night and regretting not taking the punt on Shane Williams - it was on my list - but I opted for safer bets and I am still ahead on the day. Tomorrow a splurge on Connacht by -10 points as recommended by wprathead who analyses things properly!

analysis me hole where does that get you? better off with a gut feeling

2 people have thanked this post
P_1 Registered User
#1,166

Cardiff v Edinburgh. PP has Cardiff as 14 point favourites, surely some money to be made out of Edinburgh today?

robbie1977 Registered User
#1,167

pithater1 said:
Cardiff v Edinburgh. PP has Cardiff as 14 point favourites, surely some money to be made out of Edinburgh today?

I'd be weary pithater some Cardiff players are playing their last home match today and Edinburgh have made 13 changes to their team.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/17738902

Dont want to put you off a winning bet or anything tho.
If you do it there is +15 in a few if you have access to them ladbrokes is one.

#1,168

Edinburgh won't give two ****s about playing Cardiff, wouldn't touch them.

P_1 Registered User
#1,169

robbie1977 said:
I'd be weary pithater some Cardiff players are playing their last home match today and Edinburgh have made 13 changes to their team.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/17738902

Dont want to put you off a winning bet or anything tho.
If you do it there is +15 in a few if you have access to them ladbrokes is one.

Edinburgh +8 looks decent enough value. Can't see Edinburgh winning but I aslo can't see Cardiff running away with it.

P_1 Registered User
#1,170

Thoughts on this triple?

Exeter Chiefs v Northampton Saints - Exeter -3 at 8/11
A win for Exeter gets them into the playoffs. Exeter's home form this year is pretty good while Northampton are in a slight slump with a few high profile suspensions.

Cardiff Blues v Edinburgh - Edinburgh +8 at 17/10
Cardiff have been simply abysmal the last few matches. Edinburgh have some fringe players playing to put their hands up to be picked next week. Cardiff will win but I can't imagine them hammering Edinburgh.

Benetton Treviso v Glasgow Warriors - Treviso +4 at 4/7
Glasgow need the win to keep their playoff chances alive. Treviso are no pushovers at home though. Can see a tight win for Glasgow.

Only my 2nd week betting on the rugby but I'm €25 up this week. Will only be putting €3 on this one so if it doesn't happen its no biggie. €3 returns €30, worth a punt?

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!