The Snipe Registered User

Anywhere where it is constantly on flow!

Insect Overlord Moderator

Best Guinness I've had in Limerick was in the Woodfield House on the Ennis Road, easily.

Na Piarsaigh GAA club do a fantastic pint as well.

1 person has thanked this post
banie01 Registered User

Figerty said:
Friend of mine has done up a site called www.perfectpints.com , I don't drink so I don't know how accurate it is!

Might be worth a look

Worth a look......my hole
Its at least 6years out of date,
It gives the Davin, The DogHouse, Rubens, Club Havana, McGregors, Finns, The Cornmarket, Rubyannes, The Bard Hogans...
It even lists Schooners which must be gone 10yrs at this stage
Its more of an RIP to the Limerick Pub trade than a useful website

2 people have thanked this post
Comhra Registered User

Originally posted by Insect Overlord
Best Guinness I've had in Limerick was in the Woodfield House on the Ennis Road, easily.

Agree with IO.... Woodfield Hse. is my local and the pint, both Guinness and Beamish, to which I'm partial, is consistently excellent.

J.

Terrymac Registered User

The westward ho has a great pt also tom collins is v good

gaf1983 Registered User

I'd have to go for Fennessy's of New Street, it's like silk!

Super_Sonic Registered User

Fennessy's for me too. Serious stuff!

Insect Overlord Moderator

Can't believe I forgot Fennessy's! Good shout.

shawnee Registered User

Fennessy's is the only place that I visit that has a consistently good pint of guinness. It has little to do with the volume sold as I go to one of the bigger pubs in Raheen area and the Guinness is generally awful.

Super_Sonic Registered User

shawnee said:
Fennessy's is the only place that I visit that has a consistently good pint of guinness. It has little to do with the volume sold as I go to one of the bigger pubs in Raheen area and the Guinness is generally awful.

Myself and a few lads live out in Raheen and being honest Fennesy's is our first choice above all the closer pubs for quiet pints. If it was closer to me it could be dangerous!

overthebridge Registered User

Daithi07 said:
Flannery's in shannon street is cream!!

+1 deadly pint in there.

colmtheperson Registered User

tippman1 said:
Originally posted by Insect Overlord

Agree with IO.... Woodfield Hse. is my local and the pint, both Guinness and Beamish, to which I'm partial, is consistently excellent.

J.

There's a barman in there called colm... He pours the finest guinness in limerick! Though I may be biased!

1 person has thanked this post

a good Guinness should be measured by the time spent on the porcelain pony the next day....

Comhra Registered User

Originally posted by colmtheperson

There's a barman in there called colm... He pours the finest guinness in limerick! Though I may be biased!

True.... he's pretty nifty but Ross is no slouch at pourin' the black stuff either!!

SnoopyGunner Registered User

Definitely the Woodfield!

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!