King

Skip ahead to 4:30

It's things like this that put me off being wanting to be a guard. I do feel sorry for those members that don't like being put in that position and probably do share the same opinions as the protesters.

matty985 Registered User

Positive PR all round haha...:L

1 person has thanked this post

I feel motion sickness after watching that.

Corruptable Registered User

goldie fish said:
I feel motion sickness after watching that.

Are you on your oath here tonight?

Seems this situation exploded very fast.. But to be fair to the members you can not hear their audio and we do not know the history to the individual involved who has been stopped.

mattser Registered User

This crap has run its course. Wind it up NOW.

Corruptable Registered User

Mister Jingles said:
It's things like this that put me off being wanting to be a guard. I do feel sorry for those members that don't like being put in that position and probably do share the same opinions as the protesters.

I'm not a Garda either so I can see where you're coming from, however, if you were to become a Garda the position is that you have to maintain the law without fear nor favour. In theory at least, it would require leaving aside your personal views when on duty and following all lawful (not freeman "lawful") orders.

Shield Trigger Warning!

mattser said:
This crap has run its course. Wind it up NOW.

Warning issued for this post, so no comment on this, or any related posts that have been made. Keep it on-topic or don't post at all. Moderators moderate the forum.

Back on topic please and thanks.

Pataman Registered User

I am glad this thread is about Gardai on Camera not just another car-v-bike agro.

3 people have thanked this post
foreign Registered User

can someone point out the motors forum or cycling forum. This is the emergency services one here.

5 people have thanked this post
Turner Moderator

SerialComplaint and Aleksmart.

This thread is about Gardai on Camera, videos relating to Gardai.

The man pictured on the video is 100% not a Garda so that video and all related posts are off topic.

Please take your conversation to pm. I am going to delete all off topic posts so if you wish to keep your posts for yer pm's start copying and pasting now.

Thread locked until I can clean it up

Turner

2 people have thanked this post
Turner Moderator

All posts in relation to that stupid video which was posted on youtube supposedly depicting an off duty Garda cutting up a cyclist and then using his shirt collar to exert authority, have been removed.

That driver is not an off duty Garda, he simply likes dark blue shirts.

There is to be no more discussion on that video in this thread. This thread is for videos relating to Gardai on Camera.

And to get the ball rolling.....

He is more from the wonderful "Freemen of Ireland" when stopped by two Gardai in Dublin.

3 people have thanked this post

An Udaras said:

Seems this situation exploded very fast.. But to be fair to the members you can not hear their audio and we do not know the history to the individual involved who has been stopped.

What situation seems like a boring day in Mayo from here.

source Registered User

Turner said:

He is more from the wonderful "Freemen of Ireland" when stopped by two Gardai in Dublin.

video

So he's a freeman, who doesn't believe in statute, but yet asks the Garda to quote Section 16 of the Garda Siochana Act 2005???

Contradiction much?

monument Moderator

God help the gardai -- As the "freemen" groups grow and the videos spread, you guys will hear more and more of that nonsense.

source said:
So he's a freeman, who doesn't believe in statute, but yet asks the Garda to quote Section 16 of the Garda Siochana Act 2005???

Contradiction much?

Most of what the "freemen" say makes much sense one way or another. It mostly amounts to making up legal nonsense to confuse them self and at least slow down others.

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!