Rael Registered User
#1

Hi folks,

Quick question for you. My PC died over the weekend and I’ve put together a spec for a new one. I used to order off Komplett mainly but I’ve seen the amount of problems people are having with them so I’d rather not deal with them. Alternatively I’ve ordered off Overclockers.co.uk without issue in the past.

I was going to order off Overclockers UK but after looking at this forum, I’ve noticed Hardware Versande being mentioned a lot. I looked at their site last night and noticed, most, if not all of the same items were cheaper than at OCUK by €10-€20. I’d be paying with credit card/paypal and only ordering items in stock.

Can you let me know if HWVDE are reliable and is it just a case of OCUK profiteering.

Thanks for any and all help

Fluffy88 Registered User
#2

HWVS is a very reliable site, almost everyone here uses it and there isn't huge issues. If you have to RMA(return) an item it might cause some difficulties if you call them and don't get on to an English speaker, but if you get an English speaker the issue is normally resolved with ease. Their shipping times are a little slower than other sites, but with their flat rate shipping charge of €30 when your buying a full rig it's one of the best sites you could use. And if you find they are cheaper then I would definitly go with them!

They only accept bank transfer as payment so that might be a problem for some people, but if you have online banking you can nornally complete the transfer from home. If not it's just a matter of a short visit to your local bank. And bank transfer is more secure than credit card. Sometimes people get on option to use Paypal to pay(not sure why some don't) but it has an extra 3% charge on it.

bandit197 Registered User
#3

I only ever really buy off hardwareversand lately especially for bigger purchases or groups of purchases.
Very happy with their service.
Make sure the items are in stock before buying or you could end up waiting for a while.

Tea_Bag Registered User
#4

spend over 5k there in the past few months for builds and have had no problems except to RMA a gpu which was faulty and had no problems talking to them several times. RMA took a week come back to me but an post are being retarded and have had it for days without delivery. ..

freestyla Registered User
#5

Ordering is reliable and stuff is here in 6-7 days (unless An post stalling ^).

I think have to RMA this mobo, so will see how that goes..

af_thefragile Registered User
#6

I'll be ordering a 1170eur build off them tomorrow. Hopefully it should go smoothly without any hassle...

Asmodean Registered User
#7

I couldn't recommend them anymore. Spent a fair bit with them a few weeks ago building a new PC and everything went off without a hitch

Sand Registered User
#8

Just be aware that any PSU or monitor that you buy from them is going to arrive with a non-UK plug - or at least everything Ive ordered has come with a nice 2 pin plug. So you'll need to pick up some UK standard power leads of your own to replace what your given, or adapters.

Trevor451 Closed Account
#9

My graphics card broke so I called them up and they said that they would arrange a pick up with UPS on Thursday (I called them last Wednesday) Needless to say UPS never called to my house

Also if you have to RMA something and the product is just about 6 months old they will send it off to the manufacturer (they told me it could take anything from 2 to 6weeks )

deconduo Moderator
#10

Trevor451 said:
My graphics card broke so I called them up and they said that they would arrange a pick up with UPS on Thursday (I called them last Wednesday) Needless to say UPS never called to my house

Also if you have to RMA something and the product is just about 6 months old they will send it off to the manufacturer (they told me it could take anything from 2 to 6weeks )


Well the 6 month thing isn't unique to HWVS. In fact most places won't let you RMA anything after 3 months, HWVS give you twice as long as normal. After that its the warranty that takes over and its the manufacturers responsibility.

1 person has thanked this post
Trevor451 Closed Account
#11

deconduo said:
Well the 6 month thing isn't unique to HWVS. In fact most places won't let you RMA anything after 3 months, HWVS give you twice as long as normal. After that its the warranty that takes over and its the manufacturers responsibility.


I always thought that its the retailers responsibility for the 1st year and then it passes on to the Manufacturer No?

Fluffy88 Registered User
#12

In Irelnad I think it's 28 days. After that it's over to the manufactures warrenty. Don't quote me on that it's been a long time since I was studying consumer law in 6th year

1 person has thanked this post
af_thefragile Registered User
#13

Sand said:
Just be aware that any PSU or monitor that you buy from them is going to arrive with a non-UK plug - or at least everything Ive ordered has come with a nice 2 pin plug. So you'll need to pick up some UK standard power leads of your own to replace what your given, or adapters.


You know where you can get that here?
I guess temporarily I could use the lead from my laptop but it'ld good to get one for the computer I'll hopefully be paying for today...

bandit197 Registered User
#14

af_thefragile said:
You know where you can get that here?
I guess temporarily I could use the lead from my laptop but it'ld good to get one for the computer I'll hopefully be paying for today...


You will get those leads in any electrical shops or even bargain shops. Its just a standard 'kettle' lead you will be after. No more than a few euro each.

Sand Registered User
#15

af_thefragile said:
You know where you can get that here?
I guess temporarily I could use the lead from my laptop but it'ld good to get one for the computer I'll hopefully be paying for today...


Most large electronics store (I.E. Peats on Parnell Street, or that Maplin place on Jervis Street or even the electronic section of a department store like Arnotts) will have some sort of stock of generic leads, and adapters can be picked up from those Euro stores. Better off getting the lead IMO. No reason not to, and Im not sure I trust 2 euro adapters...

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!