daigo75 Registered User

Hi all,
My washing machine (Zanussi ZWF12070S) recently decided to stop washing half way through, and I'm trying to figure out what's wrong. When the issue occurs, the Start/Pause button flashes red; if I turn the knob to Off and then to any other program, the machine starts, just to stop again after a while (roughly in the Rinse phase).
Having the laundry soaked in water, I tried to just do the "Rinse", and it stopped; I then tried to just run the "Spin" program, and it worked correctly.

At the moment I checked filters and drain, nothing seems to be blocked. I unplugged it for a bit of time and retried, to no avail. After a bit of research, I managed to find an error code, which should be E11 (button flashes Green once, then Red once). This, in my understanding, could mean "problem filling", but I'm not sure where I should start looking. There's plenty of pressure in the pipes (tested), is there anything else I could do before calling someone to service it?

Thanks for the help.

knighted_1 Banned

its one of the two solenoids -

daigo75 Registered User

Thanks Knighted.
Actually, it was something much simpler: not enough water coming into the washing machine. The issue was that, since our water supply is not very clean, a lot of dirt accumulated in the intake and it was clogging it. A bit of time and patience did the trick, I removed a good spoon of mud and everything works fine.

knighted_1 Banned

knighted_1 said:
its one of the two solenoids -

the intake is the solenoid , it splits into two inside the machine ,so the solenoid was blocked -

E11 = Problems with water fill in wash phase (maximum 10 minutes for each fill phase). Possible causes = 1: Tap closed 2: Mains water pressure insufficient 3: Solenoid valve 4: Hydraulic circuit of pressure switches 5: Pressure switches 6: Wiring 7: Main PCB

daigo75 Registered User

I must have misunderstood, then. So you were right! Thanks for your help.

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!