#16

At last some rational thought! Where has esther disappeared to? The show is v boring without her moaning & gossip, it seems when an actor is given more than a few scenes in a week they then disappear for a month! I want Ray to have a proper storyline himself and Bob are the two best method actors. Perhaps a teenage pregnancy/abortion storyline with Dearbhla that only one of the parents knows about and ends up splitting them

jos28 Registered User
#17

On the subject of healthy eating (I am not passing any personal comments on FC actors), I think it is strange the way the script writers seem to have forgotten that Paul Brennan had a heart attack. They had him on the salads and stuff for about a week afterwards and now he seems to live on Hungry Pig burgers and chips and pizzas. Anyone who I know who was lucky enough to survive a heart attack(my close friend had one at 49 !) completely changed their lifestyles afterwards. They got the cholesterol down, took up exercise and gave up smoking. If the writing was more realistic Paul would still be under the care of a cardiac team and would have regular appointments with dietitians/physical therapists to keep him on track.

1 person has thanked this post
jos28 Registered User
#18

C-J said:
At last some rational thought! Where has esther disappeared to? The show is v boring without her moaning & gossip,

I reckon Esther will be back in action when she hears Suzanne's news.

1 person has thanked this post
DeepBlue Registered User
#19

C-J said:
Healthy lifestyle = longer life, it's not rocket science
Well according to this article watching an hour of TV shortens your life by 22 minutes so presumably watching half an hour of Fair City will shorten your life by 11 minutes. And with 4 episodes a week you could potentially be losing 44 minutes of your life for every week watching FC.

Someone made the point upthread that FC never show people exercising. I'm pretty sure they had Leo and Dean running sometime recently. Also I recall Carol was doing some keep fit not that long ago with (I think) Christy and Ray. My memory is obviously going as I can't even recall the Haven.

1 person has thanked this post
JP Liz V1 Registered User
#20

Barry is being built up now as some kind of "savoir" cant wait until he falls of his pedestal and outed as Sarah's killer

1 person has thanked this post
Long Room Hubba Registered User
#21

DeepBlue said:
Someone made the point upthread that FC never show people exercising. I'm pretty sure they had Leo and Dean running sometime recently. Also I recall Carol was doing some keep fit not that long ago with (I think) Christy and Ray. My memory is obviously going as I can't even recall the Haven.


I think Carol was training with Christy and Malachy. Leo was running with Finn. Zach plays football with Finn and others. Laura is a personal trainer. Felix was a personal trainer. Keith plays football. Zumo does martial arts. Mark boxes. Denzo has started training with Mark. John Deegan does weights. David did martial arts, I think. Esther runs a fitness club.

But apart from those fifteen people, Fair City NEVER shows anyone exercising. It's a disgrace. I'm going to march on RTE as soon as I finish this second kebab.

5 people have thanked this post
Long Room Hubba Registered User
#22

JP Liz V1 said:
Barry is being built up now as some kind of "savoir" cant wait until he falls of his pedestal and outed as Sarah's killer


He's getting very smug alright. I like the way his first suggestion for a good news article in the newsletter was about how Ben was rescued from the car. Complete with a big photo of Barry, no doubt.

max life Registered User
#23

If the problem with the drains is

Spoiler (Show)

#24

Long Room Hubba said:
But apart from those fifteen people, Fair City NEVER shows anyone exercising. It's a disgrace. I'm going to march on RTE as soon as I finish this second kebab.


the whole street exercising while stuffing their gobs with burgers chips milkshakes and alcohol each day is counter productive. Suppose the writers are paving the way for a stroke/heartattack/diabetes/high cholesterol endemic in the near future which is clever on their part. I suppose Vivienne will be there to give her sound medical wisdom. . . Oh wait she'll have died on the surgeons table before then while having a gastric band. Noice!

JP Liz V1 Registered User
#25

Why dont Bob know Wayne's surname

Karen23 Registered User
#26

How unrealistic is it that Suzanne confides in Mark about her pregnancy ??

1 person has thanked this post
JP Liz V1 Registered User
#27

Karen23 said:
How unrealistic is it that Suzanne confides in Mark about her pregnancy ??


I thought she'd be afraid of him since he beat her up

1 person has thanked this post
Karen23 Registered User
#28

Hour long special on Wednesday

Karen23 Registered User
#29

Karen23 said:
How unrealistic is it that Suzanne confides in Mark about her pregnancy ??


JP Liz V1 said:
I thought she'd be afraid of him since he beat her up


He hated her so much that he beat her up and she was terrified of him and now she feels he's the only one she can talk to - come on.

1 person has thanked this post
#30

C-J said:
the whole street exercising while stuffing their gobs with burgers chips milkshakes and alcohol each day is counter productive. Suppose the writers are paving the way for a stroke/heartattack/diabetes/high cholesterol endemic in the near future which is clever on their part. I suppose Vivienne will be there to give her sound medical wisdom. . . Oh wait she'll have died on the surgeons table before then while having a gastric band. Noice!
Ok woman... we get it. Smiley


Regarding Mark/Suzanne, maybe some kind of Stockholm Syndrome related thing? Seems unrealistic now, but may be developed?
Also Suzanne is hardly the most mentally stable person like.

3 people have thanked this post

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!