#1,621

rogercar said:
I'm not warming to Val at all - dont think I ever will. The new shop seems to only stock, apart from the deli counter, bottled water, chocolates,sweets etc. I havn't seen any sign of the basics eg. bread, milk, ie the staples. Also none of the businesses, homes, have any christmas decorations up yet. I could in, away understand why the shop wouldn't with the renovations. But seeing as last Thursday Dec 8th was officially the first day of Christmas, Carraigstown must be the only place in the country to have forgotton that Christmas is so close. I expect come Tuesday the place will be festooned with Fairy lights, tinsil etc. The residents and traders will be working furiousley over the weekend to get it all looking lovely and Christmassy. I'll be very surprised if they have it done by tonight!

There was a Christmas market last week.

1 person has thanked this post
iguana Moderator
#1,622

And Bob was discussing the street decorations with Louie during the week, on Thursday I think.

2 people have thanked this post
JP Liz V1 Registered User
#1,623

I'm fed up of Louie and Bob's fighting and why the hell is Christy friends with both of them still they both stole his women

4 people have thanked this post
Harry Angstrom Registered User
#1,624

Fittle said:
I often wonder at the impact of advertising like this though - would Christy's shop being a Spar, now make you go to a Spar when you wouldn't have previously?

There's a SuperValu down the road from me and there's a Spar about 15 miles from where I live, but ever since I've been watching Christy's new shop in Fair City I have this strange compunction to get 3 buses to the Spar shop to get a box of Celebrations, a salad roll and a bottle of water. I guess subliminal advertising really does work!

#1,625

JP Liz V1 said:
I'm fed up of Louie and Bob's fighting and why the hell is Christy friends with both of them still they both stole his women

It is all a bit panto... I think Christy wants to move on, life is short, there is no point in hating people.

JP Liz V1 Registered User
#1,626

angel01 said:
It is all a bit bad panto... I think Christy wants to move on, life is short, there is no point in hating people.

FYP

#1,627

angel01 said:
Have to say I thought the camera work was very poor in the last few episodes, on Thursdays episode, it was very poor, it was making me feel sea sick with the camera shaking so much

+1

I thought the shop looked like something from a German expressionist film the other night. I felt strangely dissociated.

#1,628

JP Liz V1 said:

Absolutely. It makes Christy look like a right prune...

#1,629

Sunday, Dec 18

Spoiler (Show)

Tuesday, Dec 20

Spoiler (Show)

Wed, Dec 21

Spoiler (Show)

4 people have thanked this post
#1,630

Well at leased that explains where Orla is getting the luxury cloths from. And is the Spar a real Spar in RTE , it's fairly well stocked. Like all the fresh food would need to be replaced everywhere. I hope the tax payer is not footing that bill!

#1,631

Its not a real spar but has all the elements of one. I know the kabin in coronation street always keep the stock in date. I read somewhere that in places like the hungry pig a sort of varnish is applied to the doughnuts on display etc to make them look appetising and fresh. I would imagine that the fruit veg etc in the spar would just be replaced regularly and probably donated to food shelters etc thats what lidl aldi etc do with their left over food!

Shlippery Registered User
#1,632

I was fairly impressed with the Spar thing...I mean..they actually decked out a whole shop..properly. From labels to feckin offers..fairly meticulous. Accurate prices and everything...Yoplait 62c each

Harry Angstrom Registered User
#1,633

msg11 said:
And is the Spar a real Spar in RTE , it's fairly well stocked. Like all the fresh food would need to be replaced everywhere. I hope the tax payer is not footing that bill!

I'm wondering about all those extras who they'll have to pay for walking around the shop. When Christy had his small shop they could get away with having no customers in it, apart from the odd one or two, but now practically every scene in the Spar shop is going to need plenty of extras so that it doesn't look too deserted. It wouldn't look good for Spar if they didn't have any customers.

#1,634

Harry Angstrom said:
I'm wondering about all those extras who they'll have to pay for walking around the shop. When Christy had his small shop they could get away with having no customers in it, apart from the odd one or two, but now practically every scene in the Spar shop is going to need plenty of extras so that it doesn't look too deserted. It wouldn't look good for Spar if they didn't have any customers.

true! i was hoping they'd have a breakfast bar /coffee dock like some stores, everybody in carrigstown has breakfast /lunch and dinner out and drinks copious amounts of coffee so christy would be cleaning up!

Long Room Hubba Registered User
#1,635

Harry Angstrom said:

That's a great point. We have to see these sixteen employees from time to time. But Spar are paying more than enough, I would say. It's nearly a million euro over three years. That's enough to hire a bus load of extras to walk through the shop chanting the specials of the day.

I wonder if it will work the other way. Will Spar start using Fair City people in their ads now?

3 people have thanked this post

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!