Was at the match myself, ye Fogarty did well scored 1 set up a few others. Rob kelly was impressive scored our first goal and two points and Roli Sweeney playing particualry well scoring 1-7. Eoin Doyle, F Dowling, Mollick,T' O Neill also impressive.
Think its vital we get the partner with flynn right so good to see Lynch come on.
Fitzpatrick very good although never really under great pressure.
Strong team and performance from the lads. Just goes to show the strength of depth we have. A great testament to the management team.

keane2097 Registered User

Rob Kelly is a big addition to the team if his fitness is good after missing a bit of time.

roy rodgers Registered User

Kildare juniors were playing tonight in newbridge in tho first round of the championship and they won 1-15 to 1-09 against louth. Dermot early played the full game and even scored two of the the points. What a leader what a legend.

3 people have thanked this post
munchkin_utd Registered User

What format is the Kildare championship can someone tell me?
Is it straight knockout or a drawn out league affair before the knockout kicks in?
The county board website just has the next fixtures down as Round1 which could mean anything.
http://kildaregaa.ie/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1607&Itemid=54#

munchkin_utd Registered User

Have it
http://kildaregaa.ie/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1591:new-club-football-champsionship-format&catid=203:mens-news&Itemid=145

not a league but a "backdoor" system so each team is guaranteed a second bite of the cherry.

MickySticks Banned

munchkin_utd said:
Have it
http://kildaregaa.ie/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1591:new-club-football-champsionship-format&catid=203:mens-news&Itemid=145

not a league but a "backdoor" system so each team is guaranteed a second bite of the cherry.
Yeah it's a pretty complicated system, I don't know why they couldn't leave it alone, if it ain't broke don't try and fix it.

Anyway my tips.

Senior: Sarsfields

Intermediate: JTB

Junior: Two Mile House

MickySticks Banned

Christy Ring Cup result: kildare 2-21 kerry 1-16

1 person has thanked this post
beertons Registered User

Johnson saga finally coming to an end.

beertons Registered User

Did anyone see Seanie play yesterday? Scored 5 points from play according to kfm.

StupidLikeAFox Registered User
To Alcohol Registered User

Great win for the Juniors tonight in the Leinster semi final. Kildare 0-10 Meath 0-09.

Indeed, they were 0-8 to 0-1 down at half time, great comeback. They play Cavan in the Leinster Final.

Lemlin Registered User

Diego Maradona said:
Indeed, they were 0-8 to 0-1 down at half time, great comeback. They play Cavan in the Leinster Final.

That match is scheduled for Wednesday the 27th. I hear Dermot Early has been playing full forward. Do people expect this to continue or will he play for the seniors this weekend?

I was surprised he's not named in the starting 15.

DARK-KNIGHT Registered User

Lemlin said:
That match is scheduled for Wednesday the 27th. I hear Dermot Early has been playing full forward. Do people expect this to continue or will he play for the seniors this weekend?

Lemlin if Earley is fully fit he is a definite starter tbh..

Lemlin said:

He's not down to start this weekend but I'd be surprised if we don't see him at some stage.

IMO he will never be able for 70 mins of senior football (not in mid field anyway) again, he has a lot of mileage and has had his fair share of serious injuries.

Eamon Callaghan and Daryl Flynn are more of a worry, we need to get them lads back to full fitness ASAP.

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!