investment Registered User

I want bars or sheets of beeswax, where could I get them?

How big are the bars?

Does anyone know any beekeepers in ireland?

Thanks

Hoof_Hearted Registered User

Have a look on irishbeekeepers.ie, I found.a link there a few months ago to a place selling beeswax, based in Bantry. They did mail order.

brettmirl Registered User

Where in the world are you Investment? I know a shop in Kilkenny that sells it if that's of any use?

investment Registered User

brettmirl said:
Where in the world are you Investment? I know a shop in Kilkenny that sells it if that's of any use?

Dublin, I can buy it up here but its €1:80 per pound

artieanna Registered User

I bought pellets and blocks on ebay I think this maybe more expensive with postage. I'd take the beeswax @ €1.80 a pound...

depending on what you want it for just note that pure beeswax is quite yellow with impurities, you can also get refined beeswax which is white/cream and is much better for creams, encaustic paints etc..

aoife.87 Registered User

hey! just wondering does anyone know where to buy beeswax pellets refined in bulk in galway/roscommon area?

makeandcreate Registered User

aoife.87 said:
hey! just wondering does anyone know where to buy beeswax pellets refined in bulk in galway/roscommon area?

Contact the Irish beekeepers org, they put me in touch with a local beekeeper. Or www.bomar.ie online.

segosego89 Registered User

investment said:
Dublin, I can buy it up here but its €1:80 per pound

Can I ask where in Dublin you were able to find beeswax being sold for 1.80 Euros for a pound? I'm looking to purchase some at the moment and I'd be very eager to find a supplier locally rather than purchase it online! Thanks

segosego89 said:
Can I ask where in Dublin you were able to find beeswax being sold for 1.80 Euros for a pound? I'm looking to purchase some at the moment and I'd be very eager to find a supplier locally rather than purchase it online! Thanks

That post was made 6 years so I would expect to pay more now. At the Ploughing a couple of years ago a beekeeper was getting 9 euro a kilo from a make up manufacturer.

9 Euro a kilogram is still a very good price! I would buy a kilogram at that price in an instant! It's just trying to find a beekeeper is the problem.

segosego89 said:
9 Euro a kilogram is still a very good price! I would buy a kilogram at that price in an instant! It's just trying to find a beekeeper is the problem.

These guys were the beekeepers of Ireland - try dropping them an email they might put you in touch with someone. The guy I spoke to lived in Geashill, Offaly and I think he said he usually sold in 10kg plus. I think there's an apiast section on here somewhere, try asking there.

makeandcreate said:
These guys were the beekeepers of Ireland - try dropping them an email they might put you in touch with someone. The guy I spoke to lived in Geashill, Offaly and I think he said he usually sold in 10kg plus. I think there's an apiast section on here somewhere, try asking there.

Ok, thanks for that. Will do

Brightinc Registered User

Honest2Goodness farmers market in glasnevin on every Saturday from 9.30 am have bars of beeswax at the cheese counter. €2 per bar. I saw it there last Saturday and thought how great they are beginning to stock some craft materials now.

1 person has thanked this post

Brightinc said:
Honest2Goodness farmers market in glasnevin on every Saturday from 9.30 am have bars of beeswax at the cheese counter. €2 per bar. I saw it there last Saturday and thought how great they are beginning to stock some craft materials now.

Can I ask do you know how much do the bars weigh? Would it be 28 grams or something like that? Thanks

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!