cathy01 Registered User

Does anyone know anything abut a NEW group(its new to me) that meet in Balbriggan? Just following up on a conversation I had , thats why Im asking.Cathy

Bluetonic Registered User

Are they something to do with lower leg injuries? Joggers maybe?

omerin Registered User

First meeting tonight in Athy, followed shortly by a knees up. Expecting a large foot fall

1 person has thanked this post
cathy01 Registered User

hahahah, all funny bunnys today.I fixed it ok..
Now anyone??????????????/

Have you tried posting on one of the politics sites? They might give you an answer since everyone from mainstream SF to the various extreme right to extreme left Republican breakaway splinter groups of the splinter groups seem to post there.

Eoineo Registered User

There was a leaflet drop in some of the estates in Balbriggan over the past month alluding to a a dissident organisation. The leaflet had an email address on it for further information. We didn't receive it but an acquaintance did.

What was the name? The tag "dissident" may not be justified.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Balbriggan-Sinn-Fein/114977321919378?ref=ts

There is Balbriggan SFs facebook, you could direct further questions there I guess, I'm in no way familiar with the setup in Balbriggan.

Eoineo Registered User

To be fair to the Balbriggan branch of Sinn Fein it actually said IRA so dissident is justified.

Eoineo said:
To be fair to the Balbriggan branch of Sinn Fein it actually said IRA so dissident is justified.

lol!

Any way you could get your hands on one of these and scan it up? I would love to see it!

Eoineo Registered User

I don't think I can as they handed it into the local Garda Station.

Eoineo said:
I don't think I can as they handed it into the local Garda Station.

So what exactly did it say then that made them drop it in there?

Eoineo Registered User

Wolfe Tone said:
So what exactly did it say then that made them drop it in there?

As I've already said above. It advertised a dissident organisation & gave details of how to contact somebody in relation to a meeting.

Eoineo said:
As I've already said above. It advertised a dissident organisation & gave details of how to contact somebody in relation to a meeting.

Are you saying it advertised some form of the IRA and how to contact someone for a meeting in relation to that? Seriously?

I doubt that.

Eoineo Registered User

Yes I am.
Yes I have seen it.
Yes if I had received it myself I would have done exactly the same.

Eoineo said:
Yes I am.
Yes I have seen it.
Yes if I had received it myself I would have done exactly the same.

I can tell you that no republican organization would produce a leaflet like that. They wouldnt be so stupid.

You sure it wasnt about the IRA hungerstrikers and a meeting about that?

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!