First new pics of the new Sparty, Liam McIntyre:

http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/07/14/liam-mcintyre-spartacus-photo/

DeWitt Registered User

I was looking at these earlier. They are pictures afterall so I won't judge too hard, but he seems a lot rougher than Andy's Spartacus....not as cuddly
I'll wait for some live action clips before I go any further.

tvnutz Registered User

It's really just not going to be the same is it? You might get used to him after a while and hell me might be a really good actor but still...

Will wait on a trailer to see how it comes across.

DeWitt Registered User

6 people have thanked this post
Kiwi_knock Registered User

Certainly looks the part anyway.

tvnutz said:
It's really just not going to be the same is it? You might get used to him after a while and hell me might be a really good actor but still...

Will wait on a trailer to see how it comes across.

Spartacus is NOT just one man/actor....it's the whole world of Sparty.

He reminds me of Zachary Quinto in some of the photos. Initially thought Sylar when I saw them.

2 people have thanked this post
tvnutz Registered User

Richard Dower said:
Spartacus is NOT just one man/actor....it's the whole world of Sparty.

Get off it,he is the main character and despite great performances from Hannah and some others its still all him and the character. Now its going to be very different.

tvnutz said:
Get off it,he is the main character and despite great performances from Hannah and some others its still all him and the character. Now its going to be very different.

You're getting a double rolley, look -->

tvnutz Registered User

Richard Dower said:
You're getting a double rolley, look -->

yes Richard,that make's you a genius,the smiley generally reserved for people who can't make a valid arguement. bravo. well done.

mufcboy1999 Registered User

cant wait but its ages away its gona drive me mad.

Otacon Registered User

While I will most definitely be following this, without Andy, its almost going to feel like a reboot or something.

don ramo Registered User

it should be interesting, sad that andy isnt coming back, but i think with what happened hes replacement will be more accepted,

and going by the end of the first season some epic stuff is about to kick-off, also a lot of extra caratcers will probably be introduced, and some of the prequel caracter should pop up also,

at least we still have a spartacus, but no batiatus, no one can say jupiters cocks better than batiatus

ill have to stop coming here all these 8 month build-ups are wrecking my head, i saw a trailer for dallas the other day, its not out till next summer

stevenmu Moderator

I think the prequel has helped smooth the transition somewhat. Even without any Spartacus at all I thought the prequel season was excellent, so to have a different Spartacus could work. Tbh I'm far more worried about the loss of John Hannah/Batiatus.

1 person has thanked this post
ziedth Moderator

TBF he does really look the part. Just thinking about it I'll really miss all the arena scenes.

I do actually think that the show is going to miss John Hannah, the Roman general was a good baddie in season one but I love all the back stabbing and plotting nearly more then the action.

1 person has thanked this post

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!