Hal1 Gearbox abuser
#1,651

I got some climair wind deflectors delivered. Grand I taught, I'll install them later. So went to install them and the poxy drivers side window won't go down. There is a clicking from the switch. The passenger side is ok.

So from reading up on it I've come to the conclusion the regulator is knackered.
The door card will be coming off tomorrow to have a look.

Rich11 Registered User
#1,652

no1beemerfan said:
Did you have to take a pad wear sensor off on one of the front pads as you were taking it out? And forgot to put it on the new pad? Sounds like a sensor issue to me.

No there was no sensor?????

Voodoomelon Registered User
#1,653

challengemaster said:
Voodoomelon why does your boot have jesus handles?

I'd try go for the roof install if you can, keep it clean, out of the way..

lol, the luggage straps are pretty pointless, one of them tore after 11 years of perishing.

vectra said:
Freq response is not too shabby
Nice piece of kit though.

Will the sound carry into the cabin from the boot?

I find on thr Toledo it does noit carry into the cabin too well. You can hear Feel it pounding though around the back of the car. I was thinking of two dummy 6.5 speakers on the back shelf ( just the holes covered with shelf carpet to allow the sound get through.
either that or replace the back door speakers with 2 8" subs as well as the one in the boot

Yeh that's a decent idea. Honestly no, the sound doesn't carry well from the boot in a quick n easy setup I had recently. I'll take the parcel shelf out and see is there's any kind of wizardry I can do.

Stealthirl Registered User
#1,654

Voodoomelon said:
Will either try and get it on the rear of the boot wall or on the roof of the boot.

Just a word of warning unless its designed to work upside down the amp could overheat. That and subs mouned in the wrong size enclosure where what i spend alot of time fixing when i was doing installs

1 person has thanked this post
choons Registered User
#1,655

Changed oil, oil filter and brake blocks . . . not a mile too soon

5 people have thanked this post
#1,656

I had saved 4k for a luxobarge but ended up spending it on a second living room. At least I have another room to hide in now..

3 people have thanked this post
Chuck_Norris Registered User
#1,657

Today I put new boots on the car. Conti SC 5's(£95 a corner all in). I always put decent tyres on the car, until I bought new wheels a while ago. They came with Federal tyres.

I'm thinking, sure they'll do the job.....how wrong I was.

Even though they were only on the car for 5 months, it was nice driving today, having confidence that the car was gonna go in the direction I pointed it!

#1,658

Chuck_Norris said:
Today I put new boots on the car. Conti SC 5's(£95 a corner all in). I always put decent tyres on the car, until I bought new wheels a while ago. They came with Federal tyres.

I'm thinking, sure they'll do the job.....how wrong I was.

Even though they were only on the car for 5 months, it was nice driving today, having confidence that the car was gonna go in the direction I pointed it!

Thats a good price Chief. Did you go north for them..

Chuck_Norris Registered User
#1,659

-Corkie- said:

Thats a good price Chief. Did you go north for them..

I did indeed. Couldn't get them anywhere near that price here.

What was better, was that the gaffer was paying for them (long story), so I think there was a company discount in there.

Limerick man Registered User
#1,660

-Corkie- said:
I had saved 4k for a luxobarge but ended up spending it on a second living room. At least I have another room to hide in now..

Tut, tut, tut.

#1,661

Limerick man said:
Tut, tut, tut.

Always next year.. Allthough I said that last year.

Back O/T I regenerated my DPF today its a great excuse to drive on without the wife nagging..

challengemaster Registered User
#1,662

very quick photo of how the new grille looks... along with all my stonechips >.<

(the big white line is actually a light reflection, not a massive scrape, thank fook)

4 people have thanked this post
#1,663

When did you get the Bimmer CM??? I was wondering how you were going to put that grill in the Almera..

challengemaster Registered User
#1,664

About 2, 2.5 months ago....

I haven't actually gotten around to taking decent photos of it yet (still)...

#1,665

challengemaster said:
About 2, 2.5 months ago....

I haven't actually gotten around to taking decent photos of it yet (still)...

The statment living under a rock springs to mind..

Any link to pics.. The Almera was very tasty when you had it.

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!