RDMH Registered User

As the title says, I have the double of every contact in my Viber contacts list, anyone any suggestions?? I have searched this forum and didn't see that anyone else has experienced this so any help/advice would be appreciated.

Hi,

This is a rep. of Viber.
This is a known issue, and the source of the problem is that contact were imported to your iPhone from an external source (e.g an email client like Exchange).

Your iPhone can recognize these numbers and put them together under the same contact, but unfortunately Viber cannot, so it duplicates them.

RDMH Registered User

Viber said:
Hi,

This is a rep. of Viber.
This is a known issue, and the source of the problem is that contact were imported to your iPhone from an external source (e.g an email client like Exchange).

Your iPhone can recognize these numbers and put them together under the same contact, but unfortunately Viber cannot, so it duplicates them.

Thanks for clearing this up, sounds exactly like what has happened as my contacts are imported from Exchange. Is this something that you are looking to fix in a future update?

For now, we're not even sure this is 'fixable' (since this isn't technically 'a bug').
We will see what happens on iOS5, and if that new version gives us more room for play.

murphman Registered User

Viber said:
For now, we're not even sure this is 'fixable' (since this isn't technically 'a bug'.
We will see what happens on iOS5, and if that new version gives us more room for play.

I have the exact same problem.. It's a pain.

mad muffin Registered User

I guess it wasn't fixable in iOS5.

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!