#1,696

Broxi_Bear_Eire said:
Examples well being told and not just once or twice varying wordings along the lines of "Your an Orange Bastard and have no right supporting Ireland"
"**** off and support NI you Rangers Scum" etc etc

And there wasn't any insults in what I said I will stand by it every word

Broxi, I'm not for a second condoning the above, obviously you have as much right as anyone to support Ireland

My question is, is calling someone a dob an example of bigotry? I'm not disputing that its offensive, but the reference to the orange order may not necessarily be religiously motivated

Coillte_Bhoy Registered User
#1,697

Broxi_Bear_Eire said:
Examples well being told and not just once or twice varying wordings along the lines of "Your an Orange Bastard and have no right supporting Ireland"
"**** off and support NI you Rangers Scum" etc etc

And there wasn't any insults in what I said I will stand by it every word

Have you been on the end of those insults? Sorry to hear that. I dont doubt there are bbigots in our support but genuinely i havent come across them.

So calling someone deluded is not an insult?? Anyway fire away, i've a thick skin

Broxi_Bear_Eire Registered User
#1,698

tommyhaas said:
Broxi, I'm not for a second condoning the above, obviously you have as much right as anyone to support Ireland

My question is, is calling someone a dob an example of bigotry? I'm not disputing that its offensive, but the reference to the orange order may not necessarily be religiously motivated

Sorry mate thats a cop out the orange order is A Protestant religious organisation same as the Knights and the Hibernian's are RC ones and as I am neither Orange or a Bastard then its bigoted

#1,699

Coillte_Bhoy said:
Have you been on the end of those insults? Sorry to hear that. I dont doubt there are bbigots in our support but genuinely i havent come across them.

So calling someone deluded is not an insult?? Anyway fire away, i've a thick skin

Yes I have and many more of a similar type

I will apologise what I said I was a wee bit angry and the no bigots comment but that is no excuse for my behaviour

#1,700

Broxi_Bear_Eire said:
Sorry mate thats a cop out the orange order is A Protestant religious organisation same as the Knights and the Hibernian's are RC ones and as I am neither Orange or a Bastard then its bigoted

This is my point though, they're not a religion, they're separate to the religion. People may have legitimate gripes with the Orange order that aren't religiously motivated, so I think the argument could be made that the term dob, while highly offensive, is not sectarian

Coillte_Bhoy Registered User
#1,701

Broxi_Bear_Eire said:
Yes I have and many more of a similar type

I will apologise what I said I was a wee bit angry and the no bigots comment but that is no excuse for my behaviour

You're apologising to me?? No need, i can throw it out so dont mind taking it

#1,702

tommyhaas said:
This is my point though, they're not a religion, they're separate to the religion. People may have legitimate gripes with the Orange order that aren't religiously motivated, so I think the argument could be made that the term dob, while highly offensive, is not sectarian

Try telling that to Police in Scotland along with the term Fenian Bastard the point is they used the tern OB to mean Protestant of that I have no doubt so in my mind its bigoted

2 people have thanked this post
#1,703

Coillte_Bhoy said:
You're apologising to me?? No need, i can throw it out so dont mind taking it

Yes I can admit when I am wrong and I said these things in temper I presume you didn't realise we had some lowlifes in our support because you have had no reason to encounter them

And you will find I am always man enough to apologise if its warranted

1 person has thanked this post
#1,704

Broxi_Bear_Eire said:
Try telling that to Police in Scotland along with the term Fenian Bastard the point is they used the tern OB to mean Protestant of that I have no doubt so in my mind its bigoted

Yea point taken

1 person has thanked this post
KeithAFC Banned
#1,705

It seems celtic fans have nothing to talk about in regards to their own team, so the next best thing is to talk about The Rangers.

#1,706

KeithAFC said:
It seems celtic fans have nothing to talk about in regards to their own team, so the next best thing is to talk about The Rangers.

Oh I think they will have plenty to talk about now

PauloMN Moderator
#1,707

Broxi_Bear_Eire said:

Yep we do, as do you:
http://www.scotsman.com/scotland-on-sunday/politics/probe_into_celtic_fans_as_rangers_top_ban_league_1_1963278

#1,708

Not really Paul they have been hitting us a lot harder than you so those numbers don't surprise me I won't be surprised to see you lot catch up fairly soon

Even funnier you are trying to take some sort of moral high ground with these numbers

PauloMN Moderator
#1,709

Broxi_Bear_Eire said:
Not really Paul they have been hitting us a lot harder than you so those numbers don't surprise me I won't be surprised to see you lot catch up fairly soon

Even funnier you are trying to take some sort of moral high ground with these numbers

Not at all, just keeping things in perspective mate. Are you suggesting The Rangers have been unfairly targetted?

This below is taking moral high ground if ever I saw it:

#1,710

Broxi_Bear_Eire said:

Not at all, just keeping things in perspective mate. Are you suggesting The Rangers have been unfairly targetted?

This below is taking moral high ground if ever I saw it:

Hardly taking the moral high ground I pointed out you would have plenty to talk about
No I am not suggesting that at all as I have said we deserve all we get of morons sing songs
But there seems to be some sort of shock among many tic fans that you are being liked at and that is what I find funny for years a significant amount have sung songs glorifying a proscribed terrorist organisation and got away with it I don't think they will anymore
As I have repeatedly said I remember when songs were sung and people just got on with it.

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!