Sgt Pepper 64 Registered User
#7,921

patrick bamford strikes again!

20/02/2012
by West London Sport
Recent signing Patrick Bamford has continued an impressive start to his Chelsea career by scoring in another reserve match.
Last week the 18-year-old striker, a pre-deadline arrival from Nottingham Forest, netted twice on his first appearance in a Blues shirt as the reserves beat Gillingham 5-4.
He scored the winner from the penalty spot after being brought down himself in that game – and did exactly the same as the second string beat Fulham 3-2 on Monday afternoon.
Romelu Lukaku and Ismail Seremba also scored for Chelsea, while Kerim Frei got both Fulham’s goals in the match at Cobham.
Bamford was involved in his team’s second goal as his header hit the woodwork before Seremba added the finishing touch.
Related story: Chelsea new boy makes great start (14 February)

1 person has thanked this post
kev1.3s Registered User
#7,922

encouraging stuff, but I fail to get too excited about our reserves as more often than not we won't see them anywhere near the first team.

3 people have thanked this post
Johner Registered User
#7,923

Youth Cup 1/4 final on Wednesday away to Forest. Should be a good game!

MoscowFlyer Registered User
#7,924

So West Ham tried to sign Torres on loan but Chelsea refused.

David Gold @DavidGoldWHU
“@kholmesirons90: @DavidGoldWHU is it true we tried to sign Torres in January?” We tried to bring him in on a short term loan

Caveman1 Registered User
#7,925

Ramires signs a new contract keeping him at the club until 2017

8 people have thanked this post
GavRedKing Category Moderator
#7,926

Johner said:
Youth Cup 1/4 final on Wednesday away to Forest. Should be a good game!

Bamford will be playing against his old club, should be interesting for him.

Sgt Pepper 64 Registered User
#7,927

You have to feel for AVB - he could win the next 10 games and still get asked about his future
He must be bl**dy sick of it at this stage.
Cant see Chelsea coming out and publicy backing him though

#7,928

Sgt Pepper 64 said:
You have to feel for AVB - he could win the next 10 games and still get asked about his future

The jurno's are always going to be on his case, its down to a few factors, chief of which is Chelsea FC revolving dor policy of managers over the last few years and the other is mainly down to the results.

If the results improve the sharks will stay away for the moment.

Also, agreed, Chelsea wont back him publicy really, which is a shame.

kev1.3s Registered User
#7,929

Sgt Pepper 64 said:

How many times have a club came out and backed there manager only for it to be proved the final nail in the coffin.
As much as I'd like to see him stay I cant see him in charge next season.

Caveman1 Registered User
#7,930

I'm not AVB's biggest fan but I'm all for giving him at least another season in charge. I'd like to see how he'll do next year with a years experience under his belt and hopefully a big shake up of the squad.

Im feeling confident about tonight for some reason I think we'll at least get a couple of away goals, the only problem is how many will we concede? A high scoring draw wouldn't be the worst case scenario I suppose

#7,931

Caveman1 said:
I'm not AVB's biggest fan but I'm all for giving him at least another season in charge. I'd like to see how he'll do next year with a years experience under his belt and hopefully a big shake up of the squad.

Im feeling confident about tonight for some reason I think we'll at least get a couple of away goals, the only problem is how many will we concede? A high scoring draw wouldn't be the worst case scenario I suppose

I'd feelmuch more confident with a 1-1, 2-2 then I would with a 0-0 TBH.

I feel the same, we're due a performance and what better time then away to a good side, with great support.

We all know its going to be a tough game, a battle but I fancy our chances tonight and over the 2 legs.

Johner Registered User
#7,932

gavredking said:
Bamford will be playing against his old club, should be interesting for him.

He's cup tied.

#7,933

Johner said:
He's cup tied.

Ah feck it anyway.

Well plan for the night is CSKA v Real Madrid, bit of grub, drinks and settle down for the Chelsea game.

Unfortunatly drinking may well be the only way through tonight.

#7,934

Sgt Pepper 64 said:

Well on evidence so far he won't win next 10 games

#7,935

EdenHazard said:
Well on evidence so far he won't win next 10 games

Insightful post.

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!