• I'm atheist or agnostic and male, with one or more kids (16.67%)
  • I'm atheist or agnostic and female, with one or more kids (8%)
  • I'm atheist or agnostic and male, without kids (64.67%)
  • I'm atheist or agnostic and female, without kids (10.67%)
robindch Moderator

And one more poll!

Another topic that came up at the conference last week was the ratio of posters with kids to posters without. While I'd like to give some of the background to this poll, I suspect it may bias the results, so I'll wait until a reasonable sample of votes are cast (say, over 100 votes or a week's time, whichever comes first), then provide the context.

Thanks all!

GLaDOS Testing

Not now and not any time soon hopefully!

ShooterSF Registered User

ScienceNerd said:
Not now and not any time soon hopefully!

Ditto.

2 kids - neither parent theistic...

Galvasean Registered User

Sounds like A&A is having it's won census...

rainbow kirby Moderator

No kids, which is probably a good thing

bnt Registered User

As if parents with kids have the time to hang out here ... a bit of self-selection is inevitable, I think.

Galvasean Registered User

bnt said:
As if parents with kids have the time to hang out here ... a bit of self-selection is inevitable, I think.

Er, both of the moderators have kids...

6 people have thanked this post
Turtwig Censoring your opinion since you posted

So yer might as well do a single/taken/marrield poll while yer at it.

I think polls like this (unless they are done for fun, or just to get to know people) are pointless in here. The subject sample is far too small to draw any kinds of conclusions from about atheists in general.

robindch Moderator

strobe said:
The subject sample is far too small to draw any kinds of conclusions from about atheists in general.
It's not about atheists in general, but boards atheists

smokingman Registered User

One little fella under two and two more on the way before September.
....and each one of them will take turns to be master of the secular universe

nozzferrahhtoo Registered User

I have no citations or links for this, maybe someone else does, but I have heard second hand that there are statistics out there showing that most users of online debate forums such as this are male and i think also often childless.

I wonder if such a thing is true does it risk skewing your poll and diluting the usefulness of it for whatever the intention is?

Also statistically when interpreting your results it would be worth noting, at least in the back of your mind, that the poll does not allow for people who came here and have been posting a long time without children, but have recently had some. My own child is 10 months old. I have been posting here for some years however.

bluewolf being awesome

strobe said:
I think polls like this (unless they are done for fun, or just to get to know people) are pointless in here. The subject sample is far too small to draw any kinds of conclusions from about atheists in general.

I think it's interesting

Malari Registered User

Not now, not ever!

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!