bennyineire Registered User

Hey Guys, I was thinking of getting rid of my Sky sub and I was wondering if it is possible to jailbreak the box so that I can continue to use the record function. (moderater I think this is legal as the box is legally mine, but if this is a problem for you then no worries you can delete the thread)

zerks Registered User

bennyineire said:
Hey Guys, I was thinking of getting rid of my Sky sub and I was wondering if it is possible to jailbreak the box so that I can continue to use the record function. (moderater I think this is legal as the box is legally mine, but if this is a problem for you then no worries you can delete the thread)

Not possible,if you want a box that records free channels get a Humax pvr or similar.Lots of threads here on what's the best.

Its for the bin when you remove the Sky card. Will work for normal FTA but you'll not be able to re-arrange the channels. Should have bought a decent box in the first place

PogMoThoin said:
Its for the bin when you remove the Sky card. Will work for normal FTA but you'll not be able to re-arrange the channels. Should have bought a decent box in the first place

He can make a channel list in Favourites, Sure 50 spaces should be enough for freeview.

enfant terrible Registered User

bennyineire said:

Plug it out just before its cut off and leave it for three months.

Its amazing that with the sheer volume of s*y boxes out there that no-one has thought it worthwhile to try to write/load unofficial software (ie. Linux etc) onto them to add or unlock features such as recording etc.. Where is the Geohot for s*y boxes ???

kbell Registered User

Why call them s*y??

Ok , *ky.

1 person has thanked this post
Zardoz Registered User

timmydel1 said:
Its amazing that with the sheer volume of s*y boxes out there that no-one has thought it worthwhile to try to write/load unofficial software (ie. Linux etc) onto them to add or unlock features such as recording etc..

There were some reports of people having Enigma 2 running on a Sky HD last year but nothing since.
Seemingly the Dreambox 800 has the same chipset as the Sky HD receiver.

watty Registered User

Because NDS is really much better at security than Sony, Apple etc as they are consumer marketing companies and NDS is a dedicated Electronic Security company, with maybe the most secure card scheme in the world?

justsomebloke Registered User

watty said:
Because NDS is really much better at security than Sony, Apple etc as they are consumer marketing companies and NDS is a dedicated Electronic Security company, with maybe the most secure card scheme in the world?

actually I thought this would of been the main reason for people to have tried to hack a sky box, basically just for the ability to say they were the people to have done it

Apogee Registered User

bennyineire said:

you can hack the Pace 3100 model to enable recording.
http://www.steves-homepage.co.uk/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?num=1210113159

As mentioned, there is also a project underway to run Enigma 2 on Sky+ HD hardware.
www.tektesters.com

watty Registered User

Joe the Santa said:
actually I thought this would of been the main reason for people to have tried to hack a sky box, basically just for the ability to say they were the people to have done it

How many have tried and got nowhere?

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!