Jellybaby1 Registered User

Hey Pulse, if you can't remember Hal Roach you are wayyyyyyyy too young for O & O's. God bless you Hal, you weren't my favourite but a grand old trouper all the same.

cml387 Registered User

Hal did our Christmas party many years ago (company do).

When you are actually in a live audience with him.. he wasn't funny either.

Still,humour is a very individual thing so RIP Hal.

1 person has thanked this post

Davy Jones...The Monkees ...RIP

Cicero said:
Davy Jones...The Monkees ...RIP

Take the last train to Clarksville and I'll meet you at the station

Oh no, not my pin-up boy! I never expected to hear this. I'm so sorry you're gone pretty Davy!

policarp Registered User

Barney McKenna of The Dubliners died suddenly this morning.
A real character and an innovator of banjo playing.

R.I.P.

8 people have thanked this post
cml387 Registered User

Jim Marshall,creator of the Marshall amp,aka "The King Of Loud" died yesterday.

Those giant stacks behind your favourite rock bands,they were his.

Wicked rumour might suggest that most of them weren't actually wired up but...

5 people have thanked this post

Thomas Kinkade, artist, died - his work seemingly was not respected by the 'fine art' sector. I thought his paintings were amazing. If you don't know him, search him in Google Images.

2 people have thanked this post
Rubecula Moderator

Jellybaby1 said:
Thomas Kinkade, artist, died - his work seemingly was not respected by the 'fine art' sector. I thought his paintings were amazing. If you don't know him, search him in Google Images.

Wonderful paintings I have to agree. Especially his mountains series.

RIP to both Kinkade and Marshall. Two people who changed things for the better in many ways I think.

looksee Moderator

Sorry to hear of the death of anyone at such an early age, but his paintings? No, sorry, don't see the attraction, way too sugar coated.

looksee said:
Sorry to hear of the death of anyone at such an early age, but his paintings? No, sorry, don't see the attraction, way too sugar coated.

I understand what you mean all right about the paintings but I wish I could paint, anything, often wondered how on earth he painted those pictures. I prefer them to modern art, but some folk might say they are a bit like that painting of the Spanish dancer in the red dress that everyone seemed to have over their mantle-piece in the 70's. I still think Kinkade was gifted. Sorry for being OT.

looksee Moderator

Jellybaby1 said:
I understand what you mean all right about the paintings but I wish I could paint, anything, often wondered how on earth he painted those pictures. I prefer them to modern art, but some folk might say they are a bit like that painting of the Spanish dancer in the red dress that everyone seemed to have over their mantle-piece in the 70's. I still think Kinkade was gifted. Sorry for being OT.

You are not OT, that's your preference! It would be a boring place if we all had the same tastes

looksee Moderator

Sorry, if my post seems a bit strange, I read OT as OTT The response still stands

looksee said:
Sorry, if my post seems a bit strange, I read OT as OTT The response still stands

I thought that's what happened but no probs.

Bearhunter Registered User

And a final "goodnight, now and thnaks" to Levon Helm, drummer and occasional singer with The Band.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDnlU6rPfwY

2 people have thanked this post

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!