piscesgirl1 Registered User

Would they not have announced it by now? Last year got KOL tickets in november!

1 person has thanked this post
Furious-Red Moderator

Suppose it depends when Slane is going to be on(if it does happen)

Chevolution Registered User

I'd love it to be the big 4! Definitely not gonna happen though

LupeBrown Registered User

I wreckon Paul McCartney will with one big act supporting. The rest will be the Coronas or Bressie or something like that. Then again I could be wrong and Lada GaGa will play supported by Nicky Minaj and someone else ****e...

blue-army Registered User

Guessing there's no Slane this year then? Surely it'd have been announced by now?

karaokeman Registered User

blue-army said:
Guessing there's no Slane this year then? Surely it'd have been announced by now?

My thoughts were exactly the same.

MCD will more than likely be focusing on the PP concerts.

Macca is a definite no.

blue-army said:

Not a bit of harm. I'd rather save my money for something like Forbidden Fruits or Body and Soul. Better value for your money than going to see some bloated commercial act like Kings Of Leon or Coldplay taking your money and making a run for it.

Zero1986 said:
Not a bit of harm. I'd rather save my money for something like Forbidden Fruits or Body and Soul. Better value for your money than going to see some bloated commercial act like Kings Of Leon or Coldplay taking your money and making a run for it.

I'm sorry but I can't stand this attitude. I'm not even a fan of Kings of Leon (I think last year was probably the worst Slane line-up ever), but you're complaining about some "bloated commercial act taking your money and making a run for it" If you don't want to spend your money on an act like KOL, simply don't go to Slane the year they're playing. Simple as. Some people enjoy their concerts, some don't.

Anyway, does anyone have any idea when/if Slane will be announced? Would love to see Coldplay but I'm going away this Summer.

3 people have thanked this post

jaffacakesyum said:
Anyway, does anyone have any idea when/if Slane will be announced? Would love to see Coldplay but I'm going away this Summer.

I think it was penned for september and yes Coldplay are the most likely to headline.

Having said that Coldplay were lined up to play the Aviva but that didn't go ahead, so I could see a possible Slane date also scrapped. Hopefully it won't but I would have liked to have heard something by this stage.

Furious-Red Moderator

It depends on (if) Slane is happening and when they will have the concert . They could be aiming for the gig in August(for Foo Fighters ) so they have loads of time to announce it since it would be 6 months in advance

oddo Registered User

Furious-Red said:
It depends on (if) Slane is happening and when they will have the concert . They could be aiming for the gig in August(for Foo Fighters ) so they have loads of time to announce it since it would be 6 months in advance

You know something we don't? Or are you just hoping for that?

Furious-Red Moderator

oddo said:
You know something we don't? Or are you just hoping for that?

I wish , im just prayin

Pierce_1991 Registered User

Coldplay would be great, excellent at Oxegen and would be able to handle the big crowd.
The Killers were announced for V Festival in August, perhaps a possibility.
Green Day might be at Reading in August, but thats just me dreaming

Pierce_1991 said:
Coldplay would be great, excellent at Oxegen and would be able to handle the big crowd.
The Killers were announced for V Festival in August, perhaps a possibility.

Coldplay are the only likely of those three.

The Killers and Green Day if anything will be playing at the Phoenix Park gigs.

Gunslinger92 Registered User

Pierce_1991 said:

I've heard that Green Day will not be at Reading and Leeds, but that they are doing an arena tour in September...

I don't think there will be a Slane this year.

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!