o1s1n Registered User
#2,386

Really cheap looking build quality. I pity the person who paid a grand for that!

eddhorse Registered User
#2,387

Ah no one will pay that much, the cab itself looks good but internals do not.

airmax87 Registered User
#2,388

I need to get in on this and start undercutting these lads but I'll use japanese parts instead..maybe

BGOllie Moderator
#2,389

slap a Nintendo logo on anything and everybody will want it... including stuff that has existed for free for ages

They could stamp large cardboard boxes and sell it as affordable housing I'm sure

5 people have thanked this post
eddhorse Registered User
#2,390

BGOllie said:
slap a Nintendo logo on anything and everybody will want it... including stuff that has existed for free for ages

They could stamp large cardboard boxes and sell it as affordable housing I'm sure

Speaking of which:
http://www.adverts.ie/14506092

1 person has thanked this post
smurf492 Registered User
#2,391

eddhorse
Speaking of which:

God loves a trier

airmax87 Registered User
#2,392

So what's a fair price to be selling bartops at?
Our shop is planning on buidling some (proper japanese parts, no tacky art etc)
based on a pandoras box.
Could be great for the shop if the margins are right but I've never seen these for sale at non silly prices

Inviere Registered User
#2,393

airmax87 said:
So what's a fair price to be selling bartops at?
Our shop is planning on buidling some (proper japanese parts, no tacky art etc)
based on a pandoras box.
Could be great for the shop if the margins are right but I've never seen these for sale at non silly prices

Depends on a few variables. Screen size, hardware specs, build quality/finish, quality of controls, 1p/2p, marquee lighting, etc etc. For the time & effort to make a nice one, I'd say it'd be hard to keep costs down enough & still make profit.

Steve X2 Moderator
#2,394

I dont think you can make basic(but good quality) bartops that sell for a reasonable price and still make a profit on them.
Now, if you can make something really great looking with an especially clean/sexy design, you can charge a good bit more a pull in a decent profit per machine.

o1s1n Registered User
#2,395

Steve X2 said:
I dont think you can make basic(but good quality) bartops that sell for a reasonable price and still make a profit on them.
Now, if you can make something really great looking with an especially clean/sexy design, you can charge a good bit more a pull in a decent profit per machine.

Remember that dude who made the candy cab bartops? They were amazing. Prices were mental but they really were slick.

o1s1n Registered User
#2,396

Was looking through some old photos and came across this beauty, jesus

Someone actually looked a a Domy Jr with no CP and thought, 'I know exactly what this small petite Candy cab needs, an aircraft carrier bolted to it'

6 people have thanked this post
CiDeRmAn Category Moderator
#2,397

On a brighter note, the control panel also doubles as something to bury you in, presumably after you die at the hands of O1s1n, who loves petite Candy cabs!

2 people have thanked this post
Doge Registered User
#2,398
phily2002 Registered User
#2,399

hate to see the non bargain price!!

Cake of Tremendous Power Registered User
#2,400

What does it cost to put a semi decent bartop together?
I've thought about it once or twice, might actually go and do something about it

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!