HelloYoungBoy Registered User

Following the release of LA Noire, could anyone recommend any detective/problem-solving games on the xbox 360?

dreamers75 Registered User

HelloYoungBoy said:
Following the release of LA Noire, could anyone recommend any detective/problem-solving games on the xbox 360?

Dunno know of any disc release prolly a few in marketplace.

Ask on xbox forum

1 person has thanked this post
krudler Registered User

Why not just buy LA Noire?

HelloYoungBoy said:

There was one released recently enough called Gray Matter. Played the demo and it isn't my cup of tea but might be worth a look if you are in to them. Plays like and reminded me a bit of the older Gabriel Knight games, but I just couldn't justify a purchase of it at full price. Might have come down a bit since then.

EDIT: Just checked google, it was made by the same creator of the Gabriel Knight series, Jane Jensen. Explains the similarities

krudler said:
Why not just buy LA Noire?

I Have

Fnz Registered User

Condemned 2 has some detective work moments - but they are few and far between - hardly the main reason to buy the game.

"Problem-solving" makes me think more along the lines of Braid and, though I've only played the demo, Limbo?

3 csi games out , nothing like la noire in terms of the era etc, and only average at best.

Thanks for al yer responses lads, I've been doing a bit of google-ing myself... Anyone played alan wake?

HelloYoungBoy said:
Thanks for al yer responses lads, I've been doing a bit of google-ing myself... Anyone played alan wake?

Yes, more Twin Peaks style horror , it's a good game. you could get it for about €15 these days.

Retr0gamer Category Moderator

There's always Deadly Premonition. Bad gameplay but fantastic narrative and characters and a lot more compelling than Alan Wake. It's not for everyone though.

3 people have thanked this post
murpho999 Registered User

Not being smart but if you like detective games could you not go and investigate yourself and find out if any other games exist?

7 people have thanked this post
o1s1n Registered User

Alan Wake is a giant yawnfest. I couldn't bring myself to finish that game it was so boring. Deadly Premonition is definitely where it's at

Zeouterlimits Registered User

Another vote for Deadly Premonition.

Grayditch Registered User

Deadly Premonition +1

weiland79 Registered User

murpho999 said:
Not being smart but if you like detective games could you not go and investigate yourself and find out if any other games exist?

Eh actually you are being smart.

Amusing but smart none the less.

2 people have thanked this post

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!